The Most Important Ingredient ... Love

I had the best intentions today.  After a very full and long two weeks of work, and a successful grand opening (in which I was on my feet for over 10 hours), I was bone-tired ... but still determined to get to church.

I got up early, showered and dressed, and then put on my makeup.  I hollered to my little man down the hall to get dressed.  Since my hubs is a volunteer with the kids, he goes early. So most Sundays, it's just me and my mini-me going to second service to join my husband.

After getting ready - I took about ten minutes to rest. After all, I still had a bit of time. I thought it couldn't hurt to lay down for a few minutes. HA!

Unknowingly, my few minutes led up to a couple hours. The next thing I knew,  my husband was home from church, and I heard this from the kitchen ... bang, clank, rustle ... rustle.

My kiddo was in the kitchen making me lunch because he knew I'd wake up hungry.  He'd face-timed his Nana on his iPod to make sure he was making his kitchen masterpiece correctly.  She walked him through step by step on how to make a pizza.

He proudly walked in carrying a breakfast tray, a neatly folded towel, and a nicely arranged pizza, which he sliced himself, on a plate.

"I made you lunch, Mom!"  He beamed from the doorway.

My heart melted. After he set the tray down, I lifted the pizza and took a bite ... into a very sour pizza. 

"Um, buddy. Can you check the expiration date on the sauce?"  I asked and gulped down the bite.

You got it.  It was as expired as could be, but I ate every bite, telling him that it was the best-made pizza I'd ever had as it was made with love... the most important ingredient.

My stomach was yelling at me for it, but I didn't want to let my little guy down.  After I husband discovered what happened, he got his keys and ran out for hot wings.   Our son had been asking him to buy him some for a couple days, so it was Wingstop to the rescue. 

I've got some amazing guys in my life, and I'm truly blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise