a startling lesson

Okay, so I got a sex ed lesson this week from my almost 5-year-old. I know at this age kids are extremely interested in their bodies and the differences in them and the opposite sex. I think with boys...they are from birth to the grave....but I digress.

He called me into the bathroom and said, "hey mom....um you know my hump?" (He calls his nads his hump, and I've never told him any other term) I nodded my head. He asked, "do you know it's a bucket of skin that holds my pee?" I raised my eyebrows and said, "No, I didn't know that." Okay...at this point I'm not going to correct him. I'm just gonna let him figure some stuff out on his own until "THE" talk comes at a later date.

He got excited and kept going, "And you know what?"
"What?"
"When I'm older...I'll have hair on it too!"

I almost fell to the floor at this one!
"Ooooh really? Where did you hear that?"
"Well, I dunno. I already do have little hairs on it, so I guess I'll have more when I get big."
"I guess so..."

I shook my head and left the room to tell my mom what he just said. I was laughing but kinda in shock that he put that together. She started giggling and asked, "Well you know what he told me last week don't you?"
"No telling..."
"He said he had a pee-pee, but went on to explain to me that his daddy had a really biiig pee-pee."

I don't think I've laughed so hard in a long time. I at that point called my husband to tell him the good news.

Comments

carrie said…
You are so not alone. My sons ALWAYS ask me those kind of questions . . . when Dad is at work, of course!

Their logic at that age is so cute though!

ps -- I can't seem to make comments on your 'buzz' page, so I just wanted to let you know that it's not like I'm visiting and not saying anything! I can't get the cursor to show up or work! So . . . thank you so much for the welcome, it seems like a cool place to hang out!
*snort* That's super funny.

Punkin is 14 months old and saw her Daddy naked last time he was home. Her eyes widened and she smacked him in the junk. I thought I was going to die I was laughing so hard.
mandy said…
oh my!!!

this is SO FUNNY! wow.... WOW!
Anonymous said…
LOL! Bet your husband loved that one! :-)
This almost sounds like an ad from "Planned Parenthood"!
Meg said…
Too funny! They grow up so fast...
Unknown said…
Haha, I am seriously glad I have girls. I don't know how you managed to keep a straight face :D
Kimberly McKay said…
I know...how funny are kids and their comments? He blew me away this week. I've still not recovered.
Oh that is so cute! My daughters say that about their "boobies" - that someday they'll get bigger like mommy's. LOL! :-)
Momo Fali said…
That is hysterical!!!
Anonymous said…
Hysterical.. And to think of the conversations to come..LOL
Anonymous said…
too cute. too funny.
Rebecca said…
Is this what I have to look forward to?? My son already says "look, it's the biggest" - I think many things start early for boys. lol
Kimberly McKay said…
LOL...Rebecca I'll keep you posted at what comes up with. I'm still laughing at it.
Anonymous said…
ohh I am cracking up!! Congrats to hubby!! What a funny little guy you have!
Momminitoops - Blog Hoppin!
Kimberly McKay said…
Yeah, when he read my post he called his co-workers and pulled up my website. Then he just stood there...like...I'm the man! LOL!
Unknown said…
Its a sweet story, though, and, yes, kids grow up too quickly.

I found you via Cre8Buzz.
Karen MEG said…
*...to tell him the good news* That was cute!
My 3 yo daughter is fascinated that she has a "china" and she might grow a penis when she's big like her older brother!
lol Boys and their body parts :)
That is SO funny... my nephew told my mum that his dads 'doodle' was this long and this round (goes on to show mum how big it was)... hahahahaha... away from the 'penis' stories... he told my mum he remembers being in his mum's stomach in the egg and how he saw everything, ran around in the egg, done somersaults etc but got bored and decided to break out of the egg... you gotta love kids...
Anonymous said…
OMG. Boys are always into their "humps" - I think it never ends...! Your story was hilarious - made me think of one of my favorite stories:

Mine's Bigger Than Yours

:)

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Redemption

Never know what you're gonna get...

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!