Bookish

So my first review came back in spades. I loved it and have to say an official thank you to Char for graciously reviewing Finding Kylie.

Her words are:

“After reading the trailer for Finding Kylie I couldn’t wait to get my hands on the novel. I knew I was in for a good story and the manuscript exceeded my expectations. Using a combination of intrigue and gentle suspense, Kimberly McKay leads the reader down a trail of self-discovery. Her spunky heroine, Chastity Wayne, not only survives the premature loss of her mother, Kylie, due to cancer, she “finds” her again in the pages of the journal she left behind and in the memories of her best friend, Cheryl Jenkins. In the process, Chastity also finds herself, and the confidence she needs to pursue relationships with an openness that her mother never felt. I look forward to more good story-telling from Kimberly McKay.”
~ Charlene A. Derby, author,and storyteller


Now I'm just awaiting the edited version from my publisher - chomping at the bit is more like it. They've got two more books ahead of me in their pipeline to release, so I'm trying my hardest to be patient. Patience...me? 😂

I sent them a query letter today for my sequel, which took me a few minutes to throw together. I should have sent it a couple of weeks ago, but life has been really busy with the ER trips and the new job.

Here's the gist of my second book...give me your thoughts...

Two things we can count on is that we all have redeeming qualities and flaws. The questions are - are we self-aware enough to know which of the two we have more of? And how do they affect those around us?

Facing Redemption, the sequel to Finding Kylie follows John Mikale’s journey in facing the redemption of his past, yet he can’t shake his guilt. How can he even imagine being forgiven, when he can’t begin to forgive himself for the hurt he’s caused the mother of his first child?

John, now married and expecting his second child, is haunted by cryptic dreams and driven to bridge the gap with his adult daughter, Chastity, who he’s never met. His futile attempts to reconcile, through letters, is the only way he knows how to release his past to heal both their wounds.

Chastity, while in Venice, already has one letter from her father in hand, which taunts her daily. Just as she’s getting on with her life and on the verge of a great relationship, she’s pulled to read the letter she’s promised herself she never would. The instant she decides to open it, emotions of anger and betrayal surface, just in time for Timothy’s weekend visit causing some major turbulence in what seems to be a smooth beginning to her and Timothy’s journey.

Facing Redemption is a dual storyline that follows the path of an unwanted father and daughter’s journey, through a trail of self-awareness and final acceptance.

Read along and learn that even the worst of us, can have a changed heart and earn the right to redemption.

Comments

oh my! How exciting! You have to hyped! God must be very pleased!
Anonymous said…
Congrats! Both sound like they are going to be great books. Good luck!!
Char said…
It's very flattering to have my comments used for your publicity. Hope it helps.

Your sequel is going to be a knock out. Can't wait to get my hands on it - but I'm repeating myself!

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Redemption

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Never know what you're gonna get...