A State of Mind


I was raised running around barefoot on an island, where we only wore shoes when we had to.  When I absolutely was forced to wear shoes - I slipped my toes into my favorite slippah's.

Then, I moved to Oklahoma and as far as the eye could see - people wore boots.  Although I think cowboy boots are great, it just wasn't what I had grown up in.  So in the dead of winter - I was still rocking my flip flops whenever I could.

Now 27 years later - they're everywhere!  And, it makes my heart happy to see how many jet around in those small shoes that are so freeing.  They not only allow our feet to breathe during a hot summer but they instill a vacation mindset.  I think everyone has an extra pep in their step when the slip-on theirs.  Nowadays, they come in all shapes and sizes.  Some are blinged out. Some are furry or fluffy.  And some are cushioned and comfy.

While here I am - still rocking my island girl style with the basic plastic slippah's ... or to most everyone else - flip flops.

So HAPPY NATIONAL FLIP FLOP DAY to all of you, who embrace this amazing lifestyle.  Because they're not just shoes - they're a state of mind.  The only bad part about them is that they make me miss the beach!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise