What is a weed?

From time-to-time my kid and I have heart-to-hearts. We've done this since he could speak. He's always had a wise soul and mind. The other day my 12-year-old kiddo was comparing a dandelion weed to how faith works. 


He said, "When you blow on the seeds that are carried in the wind - well that's like the holy spirit carrying the seed of faith that gets planted who knows where and grows a flower."
I thought it was a beautiful sentiment. We didn't discuss the fact that it was a weed, as we're just a gangly group of ragamuffins, weeds, and mutts just trying to make it in a big bold world. And as such we all have our beauty as we grace the world with our differences, by showing others how our differences make the world a better place.

After all, it was Ralph Waldo Emerson that said, 'What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.'

I think he and my kid would have had some deep conversations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Redemption

Never know what you're gonna get...

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!