Okay - Pinch Me!

In seven days, the hard read for my first book is happening! If you've not read any of my earlier blogs, the script for Finding Kylie has been funded for a hard read. Film producer, John Schwab, and I have been trying to get to this stage for a long concentrated time  - but the stars hadn't aligned until recently.

A nationally renowned drama department has agreed to work with us to do the hard read so that we may see the fruits of our work on stage versus just on paper.  This will allow us to see what truly works 'off the page' and what needs to be tweaked before talking to investors and hitting the film markets.

On the 24th, at 2 p.m. CST, I'll be in a theater with a cast, a set director, and director to watch Finding Kylie dramatically unfold. I've tried not to think about it as I'm not the type to really start getting the jitters until right before an event. To get ramped up days in advance is just going to draw your attention from the present, which always is chocked full as it is.

BUT - today, I met one of the drama students, who will be there, in an off-chance meeting.  She was super excited about the opportunity and couldn't wait for next week. It hit me then - that this is bigger than I originally thought.

These young actors have their SAG memberships with many projects under their belts but are still fresh faces, ready to take on new projects to learn and grow as actors.  They're going to learn a lot about the development of script behind the scenes.  I am honored and blessed to give them the chance to be a part of the beginning stages of a project that could make a definite impact on society.

Alright - I'm done for now.  Just pray for this project if you're led to.  I have a definite sense of peace and after today - it's going to be hard to clamp down my excitement over the next seven days.

Have an AWESOME Sunday!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise