Plan vs. Purpose

Today's verse - Proverbs 16:9 

'In their hearts, humans plan their course,
but the Lord establishes their steps.'
Amen! If I hadn't grasped this by now - I would be a wreck. 
There's only so much we can plan, prepare, or control. Without asking God for direction, it can get pretty dicey. 

This past week I prayed, 'Lord, show me your will. Prepare me.' 
And not ten minutes later, something changed drastically in my life. This 'thing' that changed could have been devastating in normal circumstances - but a peace washed over me. It was a direct answer to prayer.

Instead of getting upset - I embraced the change, anxious to see what he was preparing. 

I can't control my life. I can't prepare for every outcome. I can only give God each day and look to Him for direction, as I go about it. 

It's okay to have a plan - but look to Him for your purpose!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise