Revelations ...

When looking for a certain pen for T the other tonight, I pulled open a desk drawer as the whiff of waxy crayons met me - instantly taking me back to his younger years. It hit me that he's not used a crayon in forever and I'd forgotten how long it had been until just then.

Each year I feel that time slips through my fingers like water. It really hits home when I see a photo of my child from when he still had his little baby face, or when I open up a drawer to find the familiar scent of a past-time he's grown out of... like coloring.



Although I loved the stages he went through as a little boy, I am enjoying this stage in his life the most. This 'tween' of mine - although going through the normal growing pains - is full of life.  He is still tender-hearted - but doesn't put up with things that aren't right. He is a fighter while still being kind - and I for one love that he has struck that balance in life.

So, I'm sad to see the crayons go ... but I love seeing how he's grown into so many more interesting things.

I love being his mom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise