What's in a Name?

When creating names for my character in any of my books, sometimes deep thought goes into what I name them ... and then one name will just spark something within and it becomes a name, which was meant to be.

Sometimes a name may come to me in a dream. Then there are always those particular readers that send me an email or leave a good review, and if they make me smile - their first name may make it into my next book.

So tell me - if you've read my books - which character has spoken to you most? Would have been the same if Chastity Banks were named Pam Brown? Or did her name, Chastity, give her something extra in your imagery of how she portrayed the character?

As I'm creating my fifth book, I'm loving some of the names that have come to me. I'm still re-working how they fit together. However, I'd love to hear from you ... write to me at kimberlymckayauthor@gmail.com and tell me who your favorite character has been to date. If your words speak to me -- your name may make my next book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise