Finding Kylie got its groove back

It's been a very long journey to get my rights back for my first book, Finding Kylie.  

I first was published in 2008, by a publisher that will not be named as I'm ready to move on, as it was not a good union due to the fact that I NEVER received a dime in seven years ... not one red cent ... 

After checking my mailbox for the contractually required royalty checks, which never came, I finally reached out to which my publisher kept saying 'your check is in the mail.'  

By the third time I called to receive the same empty promises - my reply was, "Hmmm. The books I ordered from you seemed to get to my house just fine... so why isn't your check for my royalties?"

At that point, I was verbally threatened by the publisher, as I 'hadn't been blogging about her other authors'.  My response was - "The contract I signed did not say one word about blogging about your other authors, and my royalties have nothing to do with it either."  

Her last excuse was that she didn't sell enough to give me royalties.  If I had a dime for every book that was directly mailed to me by fans and friends, to sign their copy, I'd have a hefty royalty from that alone. She can not say she didn't sell any as I saw plenty come to my porch to sign and mail back.

Fast forward seven years and I finally have my rights back, which means I get to do what I always wanted to do with the book which includes a new cover.  The previous cover was not pleasing, nor was it even legible. I can't tell you how many times people would ask me what the title was because her graphic designer used an illegible font. 

Now it's large and clear - and I'm in charge of the direction and implementation of all things Finding KYLIE ... that's K-Y-L-I-E.   

In just eight more days the screenplay for Finding Kylie will have it's first hard read in London.  I'll Skype in at an unearthly hour due to the time difference, and record it for our use for future pitches. 

The actors and actresses involved are very talented Off-Broadway London actors, who are excited for this project.  I couldn't be happier with the progress and timing of this project, as it coincides with the release of the new cover.

When we sell the script, as we will (we already have some interest from some solid parties), the 'based on the book' cover will show the one below:  





Give me your thoughts?  I believe it's a serious improvement over this one here.

To purchase the new and improved Finding Kylie click the below links for kindle or the book.


Thanks and have a great day!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise