When God Says Wait

If we're honest with ourselves ... the most attention we may pay to God is when we need something.

We pray ...God, I really need that raise... or God...take away the cancer.  And in saying this, I by no means am saying there is anything wrong with that.  God wants to hear our desires and needs!

When we're in crisis or desperate for something to be filled for us, it's important to relay our needs to our heavenly father.

But what about those times when everything is going smoothly?  How much time do you spend glorifying his name for the blessings we all take for granted?  How many raise up each morning looking to our Bible and spending time with him?  This is the most important part of our relationship with him!!!

I have to admit, I don't read the Bible as much as I should. Each day, I have so much going on so quick - that I start my day and off I go. During the day, I do pray continuously. It's like ongoing communication, even when I drive.

So here's what God showed me today. I was rushing to get through a red light, trying to get somewhere on time. And of course, I didn't make time for my Bible today like I should have.

I was the very last person to inch up to the intersection, hoping the yellow would stay a bit longer, which of course it didn't. As I sat there, it was if I could hear him in my heart.

Look at this picture and then I'll tell you the words I felt...

He said,  "Just wait a minute and let me show you how much I love you.  You can spare a few more seconds for this."

Now, this picture doesn't do the sun's brightness justice, but it may give you an idea of just how beautiful the scene was in person.

Sometimes in life, we are is such a rush. The only time we take time to stop and pray is when we need something.  And in our hurry, we miss so much that God has for us in everyday situations.

I challenge you this week to wait for God.  Wait and take him in everyday...by just listening and watching for what he has for you, like this little private moment he waited for ... just for me.  He'll do the same for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise