checkin you out...

So when did it happen? When did my son turn into a teenager at the tender age of six - almost seven.

The day before yesterday we went to see the SQUEAKQUEL with Alvin and the Chipmunks. It was hilarious to see my son laugh and blurt out kid commentary throughout the film. I love watching him giggle at something. His face lights up.

However his face lit up for an entirely different reason earlier that day, and I almost lost it. I tried not to giggle, but he was too cute.

We were waiting for our friends to join us at the theater when a young blonde seven-ish little girl walked by. I noticed her doing a double-take at my son and giving him a shy sideways look.

I looked down at him and said, 'Dude she was totally checking you out!'
He said with a wide grin, 'And I was checking her out mom!'

I asked him what that meant and his response?

'It's when you're seeing if you'd make a good couple with someone.'

OH. MY. GOSH.

First - I started it. I started the whole idea.
Second - OH - MY - GOSH!
Third - HOLY CRAP - my son's checking a girl out. Stop that!

Sigh ... I'm going to have to keep those girls at bay and he's only six. Why don't people tell us moms these things before we have kids? Where is the user manual on that one??

Comments

Rebecca said…
LOL my 5 year old was doing the same thing at the airport. He was watching this cute redhead girl play with her younger sister & informed me that he was the same age as her. But when we told him she was looking at him he got shy & tried to change the subject. Daddy won't be the only one with a shotgun in this house ;) figuratively speaking.
Rock Chef said…
And it gets worse the older they get! Catch a guy checking out your 13 year old daughter? You want to break legs, I can tell you!

Kids are the greatest thing ever - not the easiest thing ever - just the greatest.
Kimberly McKay said…
He informed me yesterday that while at church, in the library, he was 'checkin out' an 9 year old. He said, 'I saw her, checked her out, and then started talking real nice to her'. O MY GOSH I've got a flirt on my hands.

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise