my little salesman

This is the first year we're taking the leap and joining cub scouts. We're enjoying the culture and activities so much. Right now it's all about selling popcorn, to earn money for our troop.

My little guy has always been a great salesman and negotiator. What kid isn't?

But after years of listening to me on the phone with clients, I guess it's really soaked in.

Two nights ago, he grabbed my cell phone and scrolled through my contacts list. He started by dialing the obvious - his nanas, papas, and immediate family.

 He could have just said, "Hey wanna buy something from me," and they would have forked over a few dollars. But he goes all the way with anything he does. His spiel was unbelievable. He even had the features and benefits of the product down pat. And instead of trying to sell the little items, he went for the $50 tins every time with the assumptive close.

After our family had run its course, he started scrolling through my phone to find any name he knew. The most memorable conversation went something like this:

my son: "Hey, um I'm trying to raise money for my pack for cub scouts and I'm doing that by selling popcorn. I'd really like to tell you about it."

my sweet friend: "Okay!"

(from here he went into product knowledge and investment levels)

my friend: "Well, my husband is out of town and I really need to discuss this with him and call you back when we figure it out."

my son: "Well hey! I know you could three-way call him and I like 3-way calling! Call him now, and I'll tell him all about it!"

My jaw almost hit the floor, in listening to his wheeling and dealing. What was more amazing is that she agreed and the next thing I knew he was selling her husband on that call. 😂

Within an hour, my little six-year-old sold two-hundred dollars of popcorn. Not bad for a night's work!


Comments

Rebecca said…
Wow! Can I bring him along to my appointments with me? Darn child labor laws lol.
terri said…
I noticed I missed a call from you a few days ago. Now I'm wondering if I missed my chance to hear that great sales pitch!
Kimberly McKay said…
I know huh? I should have video'd him...he was so funny! I think he did a better job than I would have.
Bad Momma said…
Awesome! If Trump ever makes a Jr. Apprentice, your boy would be a natural! Congratulations!
Jen E said…
Too funny!! what a great salesman!! We just joined scouts too but we are selling Christmas wreaths??? I was looking forward to the popcorn!! LOL!!

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise