Kanye Shmanye

Twitter was all abuzz last night with the Kanye Controversy. It was the fastest I've seen people respond to something in a while. And why not? I mean, come on how much does one person get to mouth off before facing some backlash?

I'm really shocked that MTV didn't cart his butt out of there instantly and treat him like any other protester. If 'joe average' had popped up to take someone's mic and start spurting hurtful words, he would have been tackled and taken into a nice holding cell. Better yet, he wouldn't have even made it to the stage. Why can't the same security, put in place for a reason, take out someone - anyone - with malcontent?

It's reported that Kayne spoke with Taylor's mother after the show and somewhat made amends. It's not said that he 'apologized' as far as I've read anywhere online.

I. just. don't. get it!


My 7th-grade teacher taught me many things, but one thing has stuck with me throughout my entire life. It is this:

'Your rights END at the end of your own nose.'

Need a translation?

It means that Kanye has a right to be a jackass as long as he's only affecting himself with his behavior. When he lets his outlandish behavior effect and ripple into other lives, then his rights are no longer.

Although I'm not a huge Taylor Swift fan, I'm a huge supporter after last night's escapade. As a 19-year-old, I can't imagine how I would have handled an irate, belligerent dude stealing that moment from me.

Why does anyone even buy this guy's work?

Comments

Rebecca said…
I didn't watch the VMA's - couldn't tell you the last time I saw an actual music video lol. But I saw it all over facebook & saw the clip. That was ridiculously obnoxious behavior, without class & just uncalled for. I was wondering how he got on stage too...who does that? I thought Beyonce handled it with a lot of class and was probably mortified that he brought her name into it all.
Kimberly McKay said…
Beyonce is one classy lady. She looked pretty shocked at his on stage debut as well.
cmk said…
He is a total assclown. He just doesn't stop saying the most obnoxious things. I did a post after he said this about reading: "Sometimes people write novels and they just be so wordy and so self-absorbed. I am not a fan of books. I would never want a book's autograph. I am a proud non-reader of books." Hasn't he used up his 15 minutes yet? Good grief.
Kimberly McKay said…
Last night I hear he seemed very genuine on Leno. I've not seen it yet - but I have a hard time believing that the man who quoted the words in above comment has any class or intelligence. BUT I bet he can sure act after all he is an entertainer.

For his sake, I truly hope he is sorry and recognizes the extent of his behavior. But my bet is that he's more sorry about the backlash it's caused him instead of being sorry for stealing Taylor's moment.
Ted said…
I feel that what he did was morally irresponsible and he should definitely be ashamed of himself. My heart broke for Taylor Swift and my hat goes off to Beyonce... a true class act.

I especially appreciate the neither of the ladies insulted or "dissed" Mr. West... showing that they didn't lower themselves to his level.

I hope that his apology was sincere and I am choosing to give him the benefit of the doubt... the whole "He who is without sin, cast the first stone" thing...

But, nonetheless, I hope Taylor rebounds and knows that she has a good future ahead of her.

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Redemption

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Never know what you're gonna get...