10 days

This summer has flown by. I can't believe my little baby will be in first grade in ten more days. It's so hard to believe he's growing up and then in other ways, I'm blown away that he's only six.

Today, when I took him to register for soccer, he also wanted to register for flag football. I asked my friend, who was in charge of the sports camps what each cost was and she told us that for soccer it would be $50 but for flag football, it would be $65. I instantly knew that was more than we really could afford or should spend.

I tried to make a game out of it for my son and said, "You do the math - what's 50 + 65?"

I was just being flippant.

I never dreamed he'd be able to answer.

You could see his wheels turning, and his mind calculating.

He turned to me and said, "Um, 115 dollars?"

Both my friend and I look at each other astounded.

Yes, that's my son. A funny social silly kid, with a major brain.

I told him we couldn't afford to do both - and he said he would choose soccer because 'it was more fun and less expensive.'

Um - okay 1st-grade teacher - you've got ten days to prepare for this kid! Good luck!!

Comments

Rebecca said…
Summer has gone by quickly - even though it's not *really* over yet, it may as well be right? Here's to a great new school year - just think of the stuff he'll know next summer!
WeaselMomma said…
Wow, he is smart. Can you convince him that soccer(metric football) is actually called football in Europe? Or is he smart enough to figure out that the metric system is screwy?
meleah rebeccah said…
Awww! 1st grade! And yeah, um, he is Very Smart! His teacher is going to have to work hard to challenge him!
Unknown said…
Aw... reminds me of my daughter. Always thinking of the family rather than JUST herself. So precious. You've got a great boy there!!
terri said…
What a great kid! Enjoy these years with him. They go by way too fast.

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise