A quick recap

In the last few months so much has been taking place.

*My photography business has been ramping up as outdoor season is upon us.  
*I got my house refinanced after three months of mortgage lending hell. (Yeah, we closed the day before yesterday!  It's gonna save us $150 a month!)  
*My son graduated from Kindergarten and became a first-grader.
*I was a chairperson for an event for the last two weeks at my son's school, which lent me to two weeks off from work.
*And through all this, my writing has not taken a back seat.

Family, of course, is first and foremost, but during times like these - it just makes me grateful that I have a part-time job.  Although we're financially short, we're learning how to make it stretch out. And right now I'm investing so much in my son, that I know it's time I'll never get back again.

My only regret is this:  Because of a limited budget, I've given up hair cuts and color!  😖  I've never done this in my whole life.  I've never forsaken my hair through any time in life, but when you're in a recession and living on less than you've ever had to.  You find ways to cut back.

You buy grocery store bargain brands.
You buy in bulk.
You re-use aluminum foil and baggies.
You use every last bit of food and realize how wasteful you've been in past times.  Shameful but true.
You forgo going out and eating out.
You don't buy 'anything' unless it's an emergency.
AND ... when it's that tight - YOU don't get a hair cut.

OK - well I finally have a little 'me' mad money.  And I've decided to use it on my hair.  My first cut in six months will be this coming Friday.  At this point, I feel like one of those women you see on 'Extreme MakeOver' or 'Fashion Emergency' who hasn't had a hair cut since the '70s.  

Ok, maybe my hair is not that bad... but it feels that way.  It's frizzy, shaggy, and scraggly.  My grays are popping out like they're living a life of their own. 

So after Friday, I'm gonna feel like a million bucks!  And I've decided no matter how much I have to trim my budget - it's never worth it to NOT trim my hair.

I'm gonna post before and after pics for you guys!

Comments

WeaselMomma said…
I've been without a cut and color for 8 months now. Enjoy your day of beauty.
terri said…
In the big picture, a little goes a long way where your hair is concerned. We women thrive on having good hair. When our hair is bad, it affects us in so many other ways. I'm glad you've found some mad money to give yourself this treat and can't wait to see the pics.
meleah rebeccah said…
You just hang on to the time you have with your son, because as you said, its time you can never get back!
Kimberly McKay said…
I got a promotion yesterday at my part time job - to a part time manager. So I won't feel too bad about letting go of some cash to get my hair done now! I'll post pics soon! :)
Kate said…
sorry i haven't been around in a while!

wow - you've got lots going on! Like you I had to cut back on the hair cuts/ color, but I was pretty miserable! poor hubby got an earful. the cut is adorable. doesn't it feel so fresh and clean. cute cute!

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Redemption

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Never know what you're gonna get...