OKC NBYeah!


We had our second date night in a month! Look out, we may actually have some couple time here. Woo Hoo! We've not done that in so long.

Our fine city has our first NBA league. ESPN has been hating on us for it too. I'm so tired of all the sports media bad-mouthing Oklahoma City and taking shots at us. Personally, I'm excited for our state and the team. The Hornet's record improved drastically when they played here, because our city embraced them and supported them. I know it will be the same as the Thunder.

This pic above is our first shot when we entered the Ford Center, in downtown, to watch our first NBA game! They had bands playing everywhere and entertainers all over the place, like C&C Music Factory, who had a pre-game concert. It was a big party thrown for the entire city, and we were all loving it.

My bil and sil playing NBA video games. She kicked his butt. They had TV and game systems set up all over the arena.




The view from our season ticket seats. It was in what they call Loud City. We had so much fun.




A little pre-game excitement with fireworks and some lighting. Clay Bennett even came out to say a few words. His wife is sisters with my former boss (well my boss's boss's boss's boss. She owned the company I worked for).

I could see all four of them on the front row at the end of the court.







This pic is the tip-off to a slow game against the Milwaukee Bucs. The Thunder weren't very aggressive that night. While they re-bounded the opposing team's missed goals, they almost never got their own. They'd take the shot but never followed up to recover it. 97% of the time, they'd miss the shot. You'd think their coach would enforce - GET YOUR OWN BALL - REBOUND IT OR DO 100 LAPS, BOYS!

I know they had to be a little nervous, as it was their first game in a new city. I know they did fairly well last week in their first pre-season game. I expect they'll do better as time goes on.


Comments

wfbdoglover said…
Go Bucks!! LOL

Glad you had fun!
terri said…
Look at you guys! You're so cute. Sounds like a fun night. Getting out together as a couple is so important but it can be too easy to neglect that part of your life together. I'm glad to hear that you are finding ways to nurture your marriage, especially in such fun ways!
Anonymous said…
man! That looks like a fabulous time. And I agree with Terri, ya'll are a super cute couple!
Anonymous said…
That's awesome that you got to go to an NBA game. My girlfriend and I went to our first NHL game a few weeks ago. It was a blast too. It also makes me feel good to know that I'm not the only one who took pictures of the experience. :)

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise