The Wedding of My Dreams

My sister got engaged over a month ago with the promise of a small intimate wedding, only inviting immediate family and a few close friends. I wanted this day to be the most special day of her life, and I know it was.

We'd originally planned in on the golf greens, by the pond, behind my parent's house. BUT...with Ike and every storm prior...the rain was non-stop and the ground was muddy. The reception was to be in my mother's gardens, which were to be decorated as a Japanese garden with twinkle lights and lanterns. Again...the rain...

The rain did not let up...so by Wednesday, my parents went to plan B which was my mother's living room and garage for the wedding and reception. You would think this would be a big let down, but it wasn't. 

For one, the rain stopped on her wedding day and the sun shone brightly, welcoming our event. It was a huge blessing. For two, our florist (who we used for my wedding for over four hundred people) transformed my mother's house and garage into a beautiful Hawaiian Wedding dream. It looked as if we'd planned it that way from the beginning.

My sister seriously was and is the most beautiful bride I'd ever seen....much prettier than I was. She had this elegance about her that captured everyone, especially her groom and his little boy.

Her flowers were amazing...a Hawaiian bouquet with orchids infused with teal, ginger, bird of paradise, and a few more Hawaiian treasures. Mine was a mini version of hers. They're the most beautiful bouquets I've ever seen.

This day, since I helped in planning a lot of it, was the wedding of my dreams. To finally let go of it isn't something I was ready to do, but by midnight my feet and back were screaming for me too.

If you're reading this, my dear sister...I love you and my new BIL so much. I'm very happy for you both that you found someone who appreciates who you are. I'm very honored to have been a part of it and to get to deliver the speech I'd planned. I'm so glad I didn't stumble through it. Thank you.....
Me and my sister pre-wedding...getting hair and make up done. I did everyone's makeup.
A quick close up of her bouquet.











A picture I captured of the happy couple.

Isn't love grand???

Comments

WeaselMomma said…
congrats to the happy couple.
wfbdoglover said…
Beautiful! I love the flowers and the makeup and I love the photo of you too!

Congrats to the Happy Couple.
Kimberly McKay said…
Thanks ladies...I couldn't be happier for them.
Char said…
Blessings on them both.

Would have loved to see the flowers! The bouquet is beautiful.
terri said…
I shouldn't be surprised, but I'm impressed by the way you were all able to manage the change of plans due to the weather! Sounds like counting your blessings runs in the family!
Kimberly McKay said…
Me and my sister are very like minded. We appreciate exactly what we have and what we're given, even if it's not what we expected.

Thanks Terri for the sweet comment!
Rebecca said…
Aw! So beautiful :D Glad all turned out well. Congrats to the happy couple!
Anonymous said…
Congratulations to them!!
Anonymous said…
nice blessings

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Redemption

Never know what you're gonna get...

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!