Two Words ...



BOOMER SOONER!


I used to attend the games with my husband before my son was born. We got season tickets the season before I was pregnant. 

Then, motherhood hit and football was something I could watch from home, as my husband made the trek to Norman. Being at home with my little one was more my speed.

Now that he's five, I'm ready to get a sitter and get back to the games. Next season, we'll get an extra ticket to make it a family event for the three of us. Even though it's already a huge family event.

My husband, sister, brother-in-law, and mother-in-law all go in on a bunch of tickets so that we all can cheer on our team. My husband's first love after his family, of course, is sports. Since this was his birthday weekend, I figured it would be a perfect game to attend with him and my sis.

The weather was awesome. The Sooners kicked big time TCU butt. And my son had a great time at his Nana's house, while we kicked it in the stadium. What a wonderful day for football.




Go Sooners!

I just had to add a few more:



My niece, me, and my sis.










The view from behind me. The jumbotron is massively huge, but there was also a huge six-foot-five inch tall dude right behind me. I kept getting vertigo when I'd turn to watch the screen.

My SIL, me, and my DH.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Now that looks like SUCH a GREAT TIME. good for you getting back to the games.
Gail said…
It looks as if all of you had a great time. I am a Christian woman also. It was so refreshing to read a blog with no curse words or references to God or Christ as curse words. I am a new blogger and hope you don't mind me following your blog. If so please go to my blog and let me know. Keep up the wonderful work. I can't wait to read your book. It has a very interesting story line.
wfbdoglover said…
I left you a meme on my blog.
Go Sooners - for now! We will have to watchand see if my Michigan State Spartans can pull the upset of the year - doubt it - not much faith!
Kimberly McKay said…
Meelah, it was awesome but I'm getting so old. We sit up past the 70th row or so and climbing that a few times wore me out. Well worth it though.

Gail, so glad you found me. I can't wait to read your blog now!

Papa, it should be an interesting year. I love your new avitar.

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Redemption

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Never know what you're gonna get...