Who knew?

Lately, my son has been experiencing a little separation anxiety from me. I think my husband's stint in the ER left him feeling a little unsettled. If it's a bad day when I'm dropping him off before heading for work, I have to leave him crying...which I hate. If he's having a decent day than I can get by with leaving him-only if I leave him with my business card!

My new photog business card has this picture shown here, on the front of it.


A couple of weeks ago, during VBS he kept a copy for him in his pocket to look while he was without me and took extras to give away. He gave one to every mommy, teacher, and person otherwise and to let them know that 'his' mommy is a 'fratography', which obviously is supposed to be a photographer. Sweet kid! He's the best marketing tool I've got!

Today when daddy and he went to the movies together for overdue male bonding time, he wanted me to join them. My husband is so wonderful on so many levels...not only because he takes his son to fun destinations, but because he recognizes when his wife needs a break. My husband convinced him that it was just supposed to be the two of them, and so, of course, my son got in the car and immediately started looking for his very worn loved business card. He's kept the same one for two weeks and it looks like its molded to the curve of his hand.

Who knew a business card would be the tie that keeps me close to his heart when I'm away?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your son sounds like the sweetest little thing!
A very serious post by papa --- When I was about 8 - 9 years of age I had an autographed picture of Dale Evans that I carried for months - it was a mother substitute - My mom was in a Tuberculosis (TB) Sanitarium - she was gone for a year - very traumatic for me! This was the second time - first time was for 2 1/2 years. Your picture is very important to him!
what a sweetie you have there. I am glad he has something that holds you near his heart. :)

goodluck on you photography business.
Anonymous said…
Your son does sound like a very sweet little boy. I'm having the same seperation anxiety problem you are only in K9 form. I've been reading on the issue and everything that I've read says that seperation anxiety can be caused by tramatic events. Hope you have a great day.
Meg said…
Awwwwwwwwwwh, your little boy sounds so sweet, I miss mine being little. Your husband is a wonderful dad indded! You are so blessed!
Kimberly McKay said…
It's so funny...that he won't even go to the car without one. He's got to have it with him at all times! I love that little boy so much.
Birdie said…
that is SO precious. I'd keep that card forever if I were you! *sigh*
Anonymous said…
That is a wonderful thing, a son and his mother, a lasting special relationship. I never had the privilege of having a son, but I was blessed with three healthy Beautiful Daughters. And my oldest will be giving birth to her son in Oct of this year. So I am a first time Grammy with my first time grand-"son". God is good!

Quick question, you have two blogs? this one and the blessed 1?
Kimberly McKay said…
Birdie, I know...yah? He does make me sigh. He's such a love and I'm so blessed.
Candy, yes. I have both blogs and reality chics too.
Rebecca said…
Aw! Too sweet!
BusyDad said…
Best use for a business card that I have ever come across!

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Redemption

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Never know what you're gonna get...