No Made in China

"We don't like you, ball. You're made in China."

That's what I'm hearing around my house or when out shopping lately. My son, who's five, is reading extremely well for his age, and has quickly learned how to read, "Made in China."

After my mom's scare, where she was poisoned from pajamas that were made in China, my son is extremely aware of anything that's not made in the US.

He's reading everything we buy or anything he's already had contact with within our house. Even the bowl he ate cereal from this morning we found out was ... you guessed it ... made in China.

I think we're going to participate in the "Don't buy from China" campaign starting June 4th. For one whole month, I'm also going to challenge you. Please please don't buy anything from China. From June 4th to July 4th, our Independence Day, buy nothing made from this country.

I'm going to blog my month to let you know how this goes. I'm sure it's going to be hard, as most of our goods are all imported from them. I ask that you go to the link above in my blog and read just how real the threat is with anything that comes into our country from China, and then start your own campaign NOT to buy anything from them.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I may just join you on this. I'm in desperate need of new clothes, as are the kids. This could make things interesting.... but after reading about your mom's scare, (pardon my language but....) I was pissed off!
wfbdoglover said…
I already do! I look at almost everything and unless we absolutely can not get by without it, we don't buy it.

I do put things back on the shelf if it is made from China and from time to time, I do forget to look.

I have told so many people about your mom's situation. I hope she is OK/getting better!
Kimberly McKay said…
I'm glad you both are aware of my mom's situation. It made me think a whole lot differently...that's for sure. Terri...I'm still pissed off! She has contacted the health department.
Rebecca said…
Oh wow, that is awful! I hope your mom is back to normal and healthy again. Thank you for sharing and I will definitely take a closer look at items before I buy them. I wonder if we as a country have put ourselves into a place that we can't get out of. (as far as trade with China is concerned)
Anonymous said…
you mom was poisoned by pajamas from china?


*YIKES*

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise