The Weeeeekend





This weekend was one I never wanted to end. It's the closest thing I've had to a vacation in a long time. I didn't go to any specific destination. What I mean by vacation is how it made me feel...relaxed, calm, and peaceful.

Sunday, we drove forty miles to my in-laws for a cookout/pool party. My son didn't have his earplugs yet, so we couldn't let him swim around too much. I put him in a swim tube so he could kick around, with arm floaties. We borrowed them from family, so of course, as the other grandkids are girls, they were bright pink. I hope my son doesn't grow up to hate me for that.

My in-laws are the most amazing people, and so easy to be around. There's never any drama...only laughter. My husband and his brother always play guitar hero against each other. This time my hubby sang with the new video game, rock star?? I think that's what it's called. Anyway, it was painful to hear my husband's off-key notes, but funny to see him stand up and belt them out. He's not afraid to entertain on any level.

All-day we ate and ate...and lounged by the pool. They had a fish fry and all the traditional burger hot dog stuff. In the evening, we wandered into my brother-in-law's party room, which sets separate from his home. It's a second garage converted into a man palace. It's got a pool table, wet bar, poker table, and entertainment system with theater seats. I know my other half salivates every time he walks in. (One of these days honey....)

Monday, I cleaned the house with my son. I let him use that new Clorox cleaner that's supposed to be safer for kids. I never let him use any cleaners. So, he was excited to use real chemicals instead of the vinegar and water mixture I usually put in his spray bottle. He was very careful not to spray all over the place. He kept it on target so that it wouldn't get out of control. We cleaned out the refrigerator, in our garage, to give my parents. While spraying it down, he used an entire roll of paper towels to clean it all up. Man, he's a great helper. See that gooky stuff on the bottom shelf...eww. It took me a while, but I got it all.

Late yesterday we went to another cookout at a friend's home. This house was over five-thousand square feet. I drooled over every inch of it. Our friend that owns the home is a nationally renowned motor cross racer, who retired and stayed in Oklahoma. Needless to say, the house is super sweet. My son stayed zipped in the netting on the trampoline and jumped for three hours. So we could easily relax while he played with all the other kids, and have an adult afternoon.

I had to get back to the real world today. My house is tiny but comfy. It's not a mansion...I don't have a sports or play room, but it's ours and it's re-sale value is really high. So we're doing okay.

I actually got a new stove installed today. My son cried as they took the old one out because he didn't want to see it go. I spent forty-five minutes calming him down. That's so unlike him. When he gets that emotional somethings wrong. I looked him over and noticed rashes all over. The doctor said he's got 'fifths disease'. Now I know why he was crying over nothing.

And as soon as he's better in a couple weeks, I know he won't even remember the old one. He even said, "Goodbye little stove!"



He finally told me, "Mom, If you take a picture of the old stove...(gasp) that will help me stop crying." Hey, whatever takes the edge off, kid. I got my camera out and took a picture of the old, ratty stove sitting in my driveway.

I hope you all had a relaxing Memorial Day. I hope you told every person you know who is or was in the military how much you appreciate them. I called my dad like I do every year.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It sounds like you had a GREAT time this weekend. I love the pics.. even the pink floaties.. :)

Happy Memorial day. *a little late.. still can't believe the weekend is over already..
My weekend was great as well! Sounds like yours was very much fun - family is a special treasure!
just jamie said…
Awww, a pseudo-vacation is better than no vacation. Thanks for stopping by (cre8Buzz). Thought I'd bop over here. Good stuff.
That looks like a great weekend. Our pool still isn't open. We have never opened it this late. It was a "warm" 61 degrees today... Uugh!

I had a fabulous weekend though barrel racing the horses and camping with the family at a horse show.
Anonymous said…
What a fantastic weekend! From the looks of the pool picture, the weather was beautiful. I'm glad you had time to relax and enjoy your family and also get some things done around the house.
Soge shirts said…
Nice to see you having fun. Sounds like it was a blast.
Anonymous said…
It's great that you had such a wonderful relaxing weekend. I"m planning a great weekend for me and the boys. I can't wait. Feels like a mini-vacation lol

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise