Bon Jovi ROCKS

bon jovi

I took this from my phone, so it's not the best quality but I couldn't resist posting anyway.

Vocally, Jon sounded better than I remember, plus he's in great shape. The man never stopped for over two hours. He shook, rocked and rolled on stage while remembering his fans in every way.

I got a guitar pick from one of his staff members that roamed through the crowd, looking for certain individuals from the stage. I guess I didn't have the look he was going for because all night he stood right in front of me and picked people right around me to go to the sides of the stage, where they had risers set up for these individuals.

He gave them all these guitar picks...so I thought heck at least I can do is ask him if I can have an extra. He was gracious enough to give me one. I would have loved to go side stage...but my seats were so good that I felt as if I already was.

We were on the front row at the edge of the ice rink. So we were up one level from those on the floor, who have to fight to see over the heads of the crowd. I loved being able to just have my own show without fighting to see around anyone else. AND we were close enough that I could see the sweat gleaming off him. Yah...good seats.

Funny story about BON JOVI...I had a cardboard cut out of him when I was in college. Big hair and all...from his 'Slippery When Wet' look. I had stored my stuff in my grandma's attic during a break, so JON went up in grandma's attic until I could have him back in my dorm again.

After my grandmother passed away, my mom, sister, and I were cleaning out her house. We left to go eat and took a break from cleaning. When we returned, we found the front door was ajar, so we called the cops to check it out before entering.

Long story short...the house was clear but the police officer almost wet himself after entering the dark attic with flashlight and gun drawn. He scanned the large room and came across the bigger than life cardboard cut out and thought he'd caught a B & E in progress. When he realized his mistake he almost passed out.

He came down...gave us the all-clear and made us laugh during a very sad time in our life. Although we had to say goodbye to all my grandmother's things and home, we always had BON JOVI to thank for the laughter through the pain.

I don't know what happened to that cut-out, but I do know that BON JOVI's music always will always be around. He's one that never goes out of style. He evolves through each rock era and performs brilliantly, while never forgetting his fans!

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are SO lucky! I'm glad you had a good time!

(My lifesize cutout? It was Shawn Cassidy and I was probably in 4th grade!)
milesaway said…
I just wanted to let you know that the girls who were "picked" to go up on the side of the stage bought VIP tickets for three songs there. Those tickets cost between $600.00 to $1,000.00 each. Out of my budget! So, don't feel bad about not being picked. They paid a pretty penny to be picked. After the three songs, they returned to their regular seat. Feel Better?
wfbdoglover said…
Glad to hear you enjoyed your concert!

Appreciate the humor in the police story.. Much needed humor..
Did you ever find out how the door got open?
Kimberly McKay said…
Terri...Shawn Cassidy was hot.

Milesaway...thankyou--yes! My seats were better than all of theirs and I paid less money b/c they were free! YAY! Although I would have paid a pretty penny if I'd had it.

wfbdoglover...I think we were just so tired from clearing out the house and missing our grandma/mom that we just weren't paying attention. I'm sure we forgot to lock it looking back.
Joeprah said…
That is a hilarious story, but alas, I despise Bon Jovi.
Anonymous said…
Damn! *seething with jealousy*

I love Bon Jovi.

Glad you had such a great time.
Nancy Chisum said…
I bet it was a great concert! The story about the cut out is hilarious!
Kimberly McKay said…
Joe, how could you despise him? Shot to the heart man!
Meleah and Nancy, I bought a cool shirt and can't wait to wear it this weekend!
Maureen said…
Aw, great story! Bon Jovi was here a few months ago and played two sold out shows... I heard they were fantastic!
Kimberly McKay said…
Next time they're in town...YOU should go!
I love Bon Jovi! I have all his songs on my MP3 player. I think my favorite songs of his right now are the duets he did with Sugarland.
April said…
Sounds like you had a great time!

And I loved the story about the cop.

Blog Hoppin',
Balancing Hops
BusyDad said…
Oh that must've been a kickass concert! Perfect seats. Yes, I was (am?) a Bon Jovi fan from the old days. And that story about the cop was just too hilarious. Someone needs to tell JBJ that he came *this* close to getting taken down by a cop.

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise