Bathroom Etiquette

I recently posted on how my son just loves our babysitter. Little Sarah is a great girl, who comes over from time to time to give us a night out. We usually use our family, as we're on a tight budget, but we can't rely on them every time.

A few weeks ago, we asked her to sit for a few hours. I had a work function to go to, and my husband could get home from work in time for our schedules to work for our son. She came over to bridge the gap.

Later that night, I got home to see my son and husband playing. I asked how everything went. He raised his eyebrow and said fine. I knew there had to be a story there. After our little guy went to bed, he told me what Sarah informed him about the night's activities.

Apparently, when they were playing UNO earlier in the evening, he jumped up and rushed off saying how his tummy hurt. She followed him to the bathroom but stood out in the hall without seeing in to give him space. She asked if he needed anything. He told her to come in and sit on the edge of the tub, as that's what his mommy or daddy sometimes do. So she did.

After he finished going poop, she got up to leave...to let him take care of doing his business. Before she could leave, he bent over, put his hiney in the air, and said, "wipe, please!"

I can just see the amusement on her face, wondering how she should handle the situation. She told my husband she wiped him clean, but before she was done my son turned his head up to say, "You're such a pretty girl."

My husband and I laughed our a**** off. Not only does he ask her to do something a little uncomfortable but then he flirts with her in the process. Needless to say, I've made sure he knows to wipe himself in the company of others. He does it at school, so there's no need for assistance from a sitter.

As far as the flirting, he's got a green light. He's a cute kid who loves to tell women how pretty they are. I hope he never loses that urge.

Comments

LeBlanc said…
I wonder if this little "trick" will work with my wife...prolly not. lol
Kimberly McKay said…
LOL...rolling on the floor here Leblanc
Anonymous said…
Aww! How *cute* is that?! LOL! Poor Sarah!

When you get the chance, please stop by Real World Mom--there's an award waiting for you! :-)
Unknown said…
Why did I never think of this line?
LOL!! Too cute!

Makeshift Sinatra~
Bloghoppin' on a Saturday Nite.
Nissa said…
So cute! Why is it only kids can get away with that?? Can you imagine a woman at her gynecological exam, feet in the stirrups saying to her OB-GYN "You really are a handsome man!" In fact, if I weren't married, I might try it! lol

Thanks for visiting! I love new 'friends'! As for my layout- the great Judith Shakes Designs did it for me! :)
Anonymous said…
What a charmer!
Rebecca said…
Oh that is TOO FUNNY!! In her position it would have been hard to hold back the laughter.
3XMom said…
that is so great. LOL
Joeprah said…
That is a cute, disturbing, and adorable story...LOL. Really smooth operator that one is. ;)
Kimberly McKay said…
He's definitely a ladies man, during all occasions...some more appropriate than others! :)
PS..Rebecca--he kept saying what a pretty girl you are. I think you and your daughter are his latest crush.
Amy said…
Oh so funny! Love it!
lattemommy said…
So cute! Your poor babysitter, though! A good babysitter can be hard to come by, so it's a good thing he charmed his way through the awkward moment! *grin*

Just found your blog via the Buzz. I'll be back!
Anonymous said…
Too funny!!!! I'm glad my youngest is eight and we got through all of that!
Ha haaa!!!! Funny story, thanks for the laugh here today.
How boring life would be without children :-)
Tara R. said…
With a line like that, he'll have the ladies knocking down his door... too funny!
Kimberly McKay said…
Tara, what's sad is I already do. The last play date we had, he had two sisters (one 4 and the other 3) fighting over him. I see I'm going to have to keep his ego in check, when he realizes what power a good line and a sweet smile has.
Momo Fali said…
Sounds like some of the guys who hit on me in college.
hilarious - hehehheheheeeee!
Anonymous said…
That is FUNNY.

and LOL @ momo's comment. she always leaves the best comments.
Meg said…
OH. HOW. Funny......!

Love your blog, I am now officially a fan!
Kimberly McKay said…
I know momo cracks me up...it does sound like a few guys from back in the day. Scary, now I'm raising one!

Meg, so glad you stopped by!
Stacy said…
wow now thats a man for sure
Unknown said…
Too funny. Tfs.

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise