A little about what I do

I need four thousand more dollars to make my month...anyone out there got it? Just kidding. I've got lots in my pipeline to make it happen, but I'm already past the halfway mark in the month and it'd be nice if something just 'fell' into my lap. BUT how often does that happen?

A lot of you have asked what is it I do for a living. Well to give you a quick answer -  I work for a great company that allows me to work part-time from home. It's a financial solutions company that allows merchants support whenever they either A) pay their own people or B) take payments from customers/consumers. So what does that mean? Simply put, I help anyone with their payroll, credit cards, or check services.

The credit card business is an interesting field. It's the only thing in the financial world that's NOT regulated by the government. That means, as a business owner taking cards, any credit card processor can charge you anything they feel without the government having any say in it. This means you can get miscellaneous fees and surcharges out the yahoo. My company is the only company out there that's worked as the government has had eyes on them since day one.

I educate merchants on our business, by not only explaining how it works but fully disclosing Visa and MasterCard's costs. This means you know what my real profit is and where it lies. No other company readily offers this. There are many more ways companies out there can cheat merchants out of their hard-earned money, that we won't stoop to doing...but I'm not going to go into a sales mode on my blog.

I just thought I'd answer the question I've got from many of you out there. I work to make sure people are well taken care of when it comes to their hard-earned dollars from their payroll to their payments. Payroll is another area where companies nickel and dime business owners, whereas my company doesn't. We don't charge for a lot of things that those other guys do. So bottom line---I work for a really great company that allows me to hold my head up. I like being the good guy among a sea full of sharks. The hard part is changing the perception out there that we're all alike, and proving that I am the good guy (or girl!)

Comments

Anonymous said…
My husband is in sale and has been his whole life and he does a great job for an ethical company so it irritates me when everyone looks down their noses at these careers.

And when you think about it, we're all in sales...as a veterinarian, I sell health and pharmaceuticals...the rabbi, he sells religon.

My husband's experience has taught me to be a little bit more 'assertive' in my business life and always 'ask for the order', even if you think there is no way in heck, someone would give it to you.
Kimberly McKay said…
I hear ya. Sales is an extremely hard profession no matter what industry. We all sell ourselves everyday...not literally but you know what I mean.
Anonymous said…
My company is looking for a sales rep for the midwest states. Some travel required. Lots of working from home. Interested in working in the student loan industry? You'd more than make up that $4000 you're looking for!
Rebecca said…
I hope the rest of your month is a great one! Sounds like you work for a great company all around. It must be frustrating and feel like you're swimming upstream against all of the stereotypes of your business.
Kimberly McKay said…
It's almost like swimming upstream, but we have a lot of wonderful organizations referring us. Without their backing, it would be a lot harder.
Candi said…
Sounds like a great job!! And how great to be able to work at home.

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Redemption

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Never know what you're gonna get...