Babble

Today I'm shooting a friend and her daughter. Well not shooting them...but taking pictures. Every time I say shoot in conversation, I get weird looks so I thought I'd clarify for those that don't know that I love photography. Yesterday was in the '30s and today's supposed to reach 60 degrees. The weather here is nothing but crazy. You never know if it's going to have record highs or an ice storm a day apart from one another. And you wonder why it's called tornado alley and the bible belt. We need Jesus to weather the storms here!

I'll post some pics from the shoot on here with my friend's permission later today or tomorrow. I just wanted to wish everyone a happy Saturday.

As an update...I thought I'd lost five pounds (remember my new year's post) but I've lost more like two and a half pounds. I didn't set any resolutions to lose weight this year. I only promised myself to eat more healthy and do sweets in moderation. Not that I eat a lot of sweets, but once a month I crave chocolate. So I've limited myself to chocolate LA Lite bars. They give me the chocolate rush I need while providing me energy without all the junk.

I've been adding in more fruits and vegetables, and I've increased my water intake. In two weeks I've lost almost three pounds. I'd say that's good, but what's great is the energy I have. I'm getting more housework done. I'm sleeping better...and my moods are more even keel.

I'm liking this eating healthy thing...

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm trying harder to eat well too. Not always succeeding but it does help to remember how much better I feel when I do.

Can't wait to see the pics!
Sarabeth said…
It does make a difference, doesn't it. It isn't the weight. It is how you end up feeling.


Blog Hopping--HP
Rebecca said…
I'm sure your shoot went well, look forward to seeing the pictures! Today it's in the 30's which is warm for us lately. We've been mostly in the teens - brrr! I hope the weather cooperated for you. Good job on eating more healthy, the weight loss is just a bonus - though I don't think you need to lose weight.
Anonymous said…
Congrats on the weight loss.. do you post the pics of those you shoot? Just wondering love looking at others work.. Happy Monday!!
Kimberly McKay said…
See the today's post...I put up a pic from Sat.
Judith said…
I am afraid that those LA Choc bars are not very good for you, frankly you are better off choosing a good organic chocolate supplier and just eating that very occasionally. Avoid ALL products with artificial sweeteners made from Aspartame (sweetex, nutrasweet) and chlorinated sugar (canderell), aside from the fact they are neurotoxins they confuse the body's insulin response which slides you into diabetes every bit as quickly as sugar and fructose. If you need a non sugar sweetener use powdered Stevia Herb, it has no side effects and actually stabilises blood sugar. You can also use Argave Nectar especially in baking.

As to achieving good health and good weight control the solution is Hydration with water, plenty of fruit and vegetables (raw as much as possible). Eliminating all processed foods is important because they contain lots of hidden sugars in them. Daily exercise is also vital though with three children myself I know how hard it is. Take a look here if you have time: http://willothewisp.org/html/living_well.html

Kind regards and goodluck.

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise