Happy November

Wholly Frickin' Moley... November is here! How did that happen?

You know what this means? Thanksgiving will be here before we know it! Then Christmas!
Wasn't it just Christmas? Or am I in a time warp?

So when do most of you officially start pulling out the holiday decorations? Do you wait till the day after Thanksgiving, or do you get a head start so you can enjoy it longer?

We have an artificial tree, mainly because of allergies, but also because I hate the waste that goes on in this country. Well, that....and vacuuming up pine needles is not high on my priority list.

My tree's full of different decorations. It's pre-lit and full of my son's home-made goodies or trinkets from all the places I've lived or visited. We've got glass blown lava ornaments that are the most beautiful decorations I own. We also have little mini disco balls, in honor of my husband's music background.

Our tree is a montage of our family from interests to travels, and I love it when it's up. So I, for one, will not wait until Thanksgiving. I want to enjoy it on a dark night, with a soft glow from its lights, while I drink hot chocolate with my family. It's the only time of year we get to do that.

Each year is new to my son, who although remembers each holiday season, gets to grow into a new one each year. I'm amazed it's November, but welcome it with open arms. I'm so excited to spend this holiday with my family!!!

Comments

We do thanksgiving in October, so not right after thanksgiving here!

Our tree usually comes out sometime after the 12 of December and goes down sometime before the 6th of January (12th night)
Anonymous said…
We don't do Thanksgiving at all in South Africa....so the Christmas tree and decorations usually go up as soon as I go on leave from work and it's summer holidays....this year it's 14th December....
I haven't blogged for a while....
Your blog is looking very retro and vibey...love it!
Rebecca said…
I think I start putting up decorations shortly after Thanksgiving. The outside lights definitely wait. This year I'm not doing any of that at my house since I'll be at my dads. So I'll help them put theirs up.
Sleeping Beauty said…
I am already thinking about christmas decorations too! We cut down our tree the day after thanksgiving. We do not get to festive and decorate the house up, IL is too cold, the ligts would be up until it got warm again, lol!
Kimberly McKay said…
I think I'll start pulling it all out the week before Thanksgiving! Of course...thats all my good intention....my procrastinating side may show it's self.
Anonymous said…
I've got a train set that my dad bought me when I was 3. We only set it up around Xmas time, so I would always look forward to it year after year. When my son turned 3, my mom sent it to me from Boston to continue the tradition. To me, that train symbolizes Xmas time more than anything you could buy today.

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise