A full day

Yesterday was packed full of activity. My son had his first soccer game of the fall season, and I had my first gig with my new photography business.



If you read me regularly, you'll know I never put my son's face or information on my blogs. So I only shot his legs on this one to post. He assisted in six goals yesterday. Pretty good for his first game of the season. He's improved so much since Spring. He was more aggressive in getting the ball away and dribbling down to the goal. When he lost footing, his little teammates were right there to get the ball and score! Good job guys!

A friend asked me to shoot at the Oklahoma State Fair Motorcross races. It was a smaller venue so it was a good introduction to racing. With the pee-wee division, I got to be on the track to catch the riders as they came down the 'whoopsies' or over the hills. So I hope I got some pictures he'll be happy with.

As soon as soccer was finished I scurried my little behind home to download my shots from his game to my computer. Then rushed down to the fairgrounds in time to shoot the practice rounds before the races started. I took pricing with me in case any other parents inquired if I was hired which of course I would be! :) I ended up shooting about four other kids, which was a bonus.

This week, I meet with my web designer to get the framework built for my photography site. I have plenty of other photos from different events in the last few years to download, but none I accepted payment for. I didn't want the website to be strictly hobby photography. So now I can start my website with paid work. This race was perfect timing.


Once I get parent's permission to post some racing photos, I'll put a couple of them up on here.

Comments

sandip said…
Looking forward to your photos. My son was playing soccer too at the beach on the weekend. They love it..!!
Anonymous said…
Congrats on the successful start to your photography business - how exciting! And I just love tiny tot soccer - so cute with all their little shin-guards running around the field in a mob after the ball : )
Rebecca said…
I love the photo of your son's legs & soccer ball. Congrats on him doing so well! And I'm excited about your photography business also, looking forward to seeing your site!
I used to play quite a bit... I miss soccer!

How are you doin` - Hi from Speedcat :-)

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise