Working woman

The next couple of weeks are gonna be crazy. For all the momma time I get, I eventually have to burn the midnight oil. There's a new program my company is promoting and Oklahoma it the beta territory. And I'm on the team of sales reps that the whole nation is looking to...to see how it tracks.

This week I get to drive 3 hours from home to cold call small towns out in rural OK. The good part about this...I plan on staying the night with my grandmother. She lives out in BFE, and I haven't been to her two-horse town since the death of my grandfather, in 2000. The bad part is that I'm taking two whole days away from my family.

It will go quick and I'll be home before I know it. Then I get to pack for a 4 day trip to Georgia for an all-expense-paid trip for work. Two of us were chosen to participate in an annual event, that will basically be socializing, lots of food, and cocktails. The good part is quite obvious.....HELLO. I've not had any ME time for years. Well except last summer's road trip to South Beach, Florida, for my sister's 40th birthday. This will be 4 long days of complete ME time. I will definitely miss my son and husband, but I deserve some time to relax and indulge. Even the food and a rental car are all paid for. That's too awesome to pass up!

If I don't post much next week, I think you'll know what I'll be doing. Kickin' back with my favorite co-worker, and eating, drinking, being merry.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congrats on the all-expense-paid trip! Sounds like you deserve it and I'm jealous.
Kimberly McKay said…
It's gonna be relaxing. The 3 hour drive I take tomorrow will be a bore though...not looking forward to it!
Rebecca said…
w00t! Hope you have a great time!

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise