Hershey's Big Adventure

Thank the Lord for His continued blessings. My husband was out until after 1 a.m. this morning, putting up thirteen huge signs and scavenging the entire area with a flashlight. I had to force him to come home and get some rest.

I just kept praying, "Lord please give Hershey's guardian angel strength, so he might lead our doggie home. I know he's probably crashed in someone's hallway some where, snoring, while I'm here worrying. So I give it over to you and I know you'll take good care of Hershey." I let go of it after midnight and tried calling my adorable and worried better half, to give him the same peace I felt. About an hour later, we both we in bed ready for the phone to start ringing the next day.

My son whimpered through his sleep, obviously upset from the whole ordeal. And I kept praying in my sleep, "Lord if you could please hold off on the rain until Hershey's home so that all those signs wouldn't get wet...and the ink wouldn't run."

At 6:40 a.m. our phone rang for the first time, and we both bolted out of our sleep. My husband grabbed for his cell and his side of the conversation was music to my ears. Our old dog, wandered into a neighbor's garage a block and a half away, where he stayed the night. They offered to bring him home to us.

We jumped up and started getting our shoes on, as the phone rang a second time. Another neighbor saw a sign and said she had a Hershey sighting on her street as well. She told us she played ball with him for a few minutes. She said he was too sweet not to have an owner who was looking for him, so she told us she said a prayer for him and his safe return home. What a sweet feeling that was to hear her comforting words. As he was on the phone with the second neighbor, I heard my son, through the monitor, giggling in his sleep. It was as if he sensed the sigh of relief we were feeling.

Many of my blog friends gave me comforting words, so thank you to all of you who responded so kindly. One sent me the sweetest message:

Awe...bless your sweet little heart...You are not absurd at all...I have a 7lb Yorkiepoo that drives me nuts but is my little loyal buddy and I would just be devasted if he went missing! He is so little that from time to time he slips out of the slats in my fence and every time I find him out front, my heart does a flip flop.

I will lift your buddy up in prayer right now!

Father, we come to you with what would seem the smallest of requests to many. Hersey has wandered from home Lord and his owner is heartbroken...Lord, guide his steps and bring him home safely to his family. We know Lord that what seems silly to most you count as all-important because its close to our hearts. You know how many hairs are on our heads, every detail. So we know Lord that you can return him, no problem.

We thank you Lord for caring for everything that brings us joy and happiness and we come to you believing in results very soon...We pray this in your son Jesus' name! Amen.

Sweety...He will be back...get some sleep and you will see!

Keep us posted!

Hershey is happily home and exhausted from his big adventure. He's out cold in our hallway, sleeping peacefully. My son hugged him so tightly when he woke up. All is good in our home. Thank you, Jesus, for bringing our family pet home safe and with speed.

Thank you to all of you who lifted him up in prayer. I know losing a pet is nothing like the loss that thousands of families feel when they lose a human family member. So I don't even try to compare them...because it's not the same. I have a little boy and it would be ten times worse. This just proved to me how much of a basket case I would be if anything happened to my baby. Thankfully, it was just my beloved pet, and all of us are home safe.

PS...it just now started thundering. Looks like the rain held off!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm so glad Hershey is home! I would have reacted exactly the same way. We lost our cat, Holly once. She's not an outdoor cat but tries to sneak out occassionally. We searched for hours and finally lost hope. Later, we heard meowing coming from my daughter's room. She has a big, heavy captains bed and had left a drawer open in the base of the bed. Holly had crawled into the drawer, then behind, and then the drawer was shut, literally trapping her inside the base! But we were so relieved to have found her.
Rebecca said…
Yay for Hershey! I'm so glad he's returned home safely to you.

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Redemption

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Never know what you're gonna get...