An airplane expert


This weekend while I was layed up with bed rest, my husband took my son to the air show, where he got his first glimpse of the Blue Angels. My husband tried to imitate my son's facial expressions to show me the wild wonder he had in his eyes. Apparently, my little guy was in awe of the wonder of flight -- and of the pilots, that did all the fancy rolls and turns.

After five hours I got to wondering....are they ever going to come home? So I finally called my husband. Maybe if I could have been up and around doing chores, I wouldn't have been so desperate for company. However, I wasn't mobile and had enough TV to last me a lifetime.

My husband put my son on the phone. My son, who wants to be a race car driver when he grows up, started talking so fast I had to ask him to slow down. I asked him all sorts of questions like, did you have fun....what was your favorite part...yada yada yada.

He blurts out..."Hey mom! Did you know they had AWAX planes at the show too?"
I replied with, "Wow...ya know they fly over our house once in a while. You'll be able to recognize them now...they're the ones with the big disks on them."

A pause and then a response from the airplane expert:
"Um, mom. It's called a satellite dish!"

Okay, four-year-old wonder....excuse me while I burst my stomach from laughter. I wonder if he changed his mind about being the next Jeff Gordan to being the next TOP GUN!

Comments

Anonymous said…
yada, yada, yada...

See? You were praising God and didn't know it! ;-)

Hope you are feeling better.

David.
Anonymous said…
Your son sounds so much like mine, only mine is now 16. He has always wanted to be a Monster Truck driver (in the early years) and then later, A NASCAR driver. I believe now he's seriously thinking he could work in the pits for NASCAR. I remember him being that age and how fun it was to see such excitement.

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise