flattery will get you everwhere

As my previous post mentioned, I'm fighting the crud. It's working its way out of my chest..thank the Lord! I have to go to a work lunch today with my boss and co-workers and warned one of them on the phone today that I wouldn't be looking very good...especially when I'd have to hack up one lung.

My son piped up from the back seat of the car, "Oh mommy! You're always so pretty!"

That made my day...no it made my week! To have a kid, any kid, at that age, who is too young to know how to lie, tell you how pretty you are when you've got no makeup on and feeling like crap is amazing. It was such an endearing moment that I had to call my husband after I dropped my son off to school. He listened and chuckled before saying, "See I've taught him well!"

Comments

Anonymous said…
awww what a sweet thing to say to his mama! They learn early don't they? ;)

One day they will stop saying those sweet things...that will be a sad day!
Terri said…
That boy is an amazing kid! I'm tempted to tell you how lucky you are, but I have a suspicion that his amazingness is all your doing.
Kimberly McKay said…
I do! I'm so blessed that I cry just thinking about it! :)

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise