Love is in the air!!

I think puppy love is one of the most adorable things in life. My son, who's now in PreK, has left his mother's day out class behind. They've all moved on to their schools, and have new classmates now.

He came home a little bummed one day and told me the other day that he didn't have any cute girls in his class. He missed his girlfriend from mother's day out. I've written about them before in previous blogs. They just love each other, and it's so adorable to watch.

So yesterday, I set up a play date at the Orr Family Farm.

They've got everything from pony rides, train rides, pumpkin picking hayrides, playgrounds, mazes, and much much more. The kids have a ball there.

This little greek doll and her younger sister came to play the whole day away with my son, who couldn't wait to see 'his girlfriend.'

First things first...she brought him another love note, and then it was off to play. They all three had the best time. The only problem was that the 3-year-old, younger sister, was fighting for my son's affections as well. They both fought over who'd sit next to him.

It was every man's dream...two beautiful greek goddesses vying for his attention. My son though wasn't having any of it. He played well with both girls, but when it came time for the train ride there just wasn't enough room for all of us to fit on one bench. Both mothers and three children were one person too much for that space. Little sister would have to sit on her momma's lap and she started throwing a tantrum when she couldn't sit to him. He finally leaned over and said, "Listen, I don't want to sit next to you! I'm on a play date with your sister."

Of course, that hurt her feelings and she cried even harder. My son was just being honest, not realizing the impact of his words. I told him that he needed to apologize and although he didn't understand why he leaned across and told her he was sorry.

Later when I was telling my husband what a little girl magnet our son was and how he made a little girl cry, my son just started laughing. He had the biggest twinkle in his eye, and said, "But I told her I was sorry!"

You could tell he was enjoying every minute of that story, and in my mind's eye, I could see ten years into the future. And I was scared of what I saw....lots of girl's calling my house bugging me, to talk to my son, while my son just laughs!

Comments

Anonymous said…
"Listen, I don't want to sit next to you! I'm on a play date with your sister..." Oh goodness do you have your hands full! : ) That is just about the most adorable story ever!
Anonymous said…
I'm guessing they won't be calling the house. They send TEXT MESSAGES these days. Makes it harder for Mom to keep tabs on the kids.

Your son is obviously not only adorable, but "plays well with others." No wonder the girls can't resist!
Joeprah said…
Yo. A little early with the girlfriend biz. YIKES! I tell you what...my girls are all banned from getting anywhere near your chick magnet. LOL!
Tam said…
He started laughing? That is so funny! But he said he was sorry. Even better!

Oh - you're in for it! ;)
Rebecca said…
Oh that is just too funny. "I'm on a play date with your sister" LOL At least he was trying to be nice about it. And yes, I'm afraid you are in for it. ;)
Kimberly McKay said…
I know...I'm still laughing at it today. He's such a good natured kid. Joeprah...I'll keep him away from your adorable little girls! ;)
Anonymous said…
I tagged you. It’s fun. It’s easy. Check out what you need to do here: http://territerri.com/?p=916
Anonymous said…
How adorable! He sounds like such a cutie. No wonder he's a chick magnet.

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise