When Will it Stop?

So, it seems that every Wednesday that rolls though brings severe weather and tornadic possibilities.

The tornado that hit last night was a nail biter - like all of them are.  But this one hit a little closer to home than I'm comfortable with.

First let me state that we, in Oklahoma, have some of the most amazing meteorologists in the world.  They predict this terrible stuff hours before clouds even roll through our sky. So when they say, 'it will hit within the hour - find your safe spot', and you look up to the sky and see nothing but blue sky ... heed their warning as they're usually on target.

Yesterday, there were conflicting reports on when it was going to hit.  Some stations said 3:45 while others said 6:15.  But all said to find your safe spot by their predicted time. And as a mother ... I'd rather be safe than sorry, so I took my kid (at a time somewhere in between the two), packed him in the car, stopped at home to pack up our animals and necessary items, and then drove to my husband's office, where there is a bomb shelter from the '60s.

Most offices closed early to let employees out, which was very thoughtful as we all wanted to put our heads down and get somewhere secure.  However, for some, it caused a large jam along the highways and roads, which meant some were stuck in traffic trying to get somewhere safe. Sadly, they were left out in the open as targets. The saddest report to date is of a mother and her newborn that perished.  😓

I instantly thought of my sister, who was driving back from a work trip from Kansas and as storms blanketed I-35. She was in the middle of it all.  (many prayers were said.)

Then, it was like the dominos started falling.  My mother texted me to let me know that she was safe in a neighbor's tornado shelter, but there wasn't enough room for my dad, so he went back home.  At that point, there was a tornado that was headed for them. (many more prayers said.)

Then after my family came out from our shelter, my best friend, mentioned in this post here, texted that she'd left her house to avoid the storm, because they had no shelter or safe place.  On the way back into town, after the storm, they got stranded. The highways were shut down with flooding and tornado damage.  (and even more prayers said.)

... and many friends and family were in the path of what was to come. (vigilant prayers all night.)

Thankfully, all my loved ones are accounted for and safe today.  However Tuesday and Wednesday they're saying more storms are to come.

Please continue to pray for our state ... I'm ready for a reprieve from this stuff.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise