2 week break

This is the first time I've had this much time off from anything since I was in college. Although it's not paid time off, it's time off just the same. Since I quit my sales career to work around my son's school schedule, I've taken up waiting tables. It also allows me the ability to write and work on my photography. All good things.

Even though we've struggled financially, the investment I make in my son is the best investment on the planet. AND it's time I'll never get back.

My manager understands that when my son is sick or out of school, I will not be at the restaurant. I'm blessed with a winter break, like all the kids! My gosh, I'm amazed at how wonderful it is!

Today we went to a movie and ate at the food court. Tomorrow we'll run errands and play games. I need to find time to write, but for now, it's nice just to have time ... for me to do anything and nothing at all.

I hope you all have a happy and safe New Year! Here's to a magical and peaceful 2009!

And here's a little something to all you gator fans out there in college football land:

Comments

WeaselMomma said…
Enjoy it now, tomorrow will be too late.
wfbdoglover said…
happy new year!!!
Opus #6 said…
Fun pic!
Annette Piper said…
Yes, its important to enjoy your children while they're young. Its true when you hear that they grow up so fast! Sounds like you have a good job there too - one that works around you :)
terri said…
I'm so glad you get to enjoy some time off. When I used to work at my kids' school, I loved the Christmas break. It felt like time stood still for a while as I enjoyed family time with the kids. You'll never regret having this time.
I am Harriet said…
I can totally relate.
Happy new year!
Rebecca said…
I hope you're enjoying your break & had a fun new years celebration!
Anonymous said…
"Even though we've struggled financially, the investment I make in my son is the best investment on the planet. AND it's time I'll never get back."

THAT IS 100% TRUE.

I for one have never been happier having WALKED out on my own career as an insurance agent for the last 6 years of my life. I am also fortunate enough to have parents that believe in ME and my writing. They decided to bless me with 6 months (not working at all) to WRITE MY BOOK. And that is just what I am going to do in 2009.

xoxoxox

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Redemption

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Never know what you're gonna get...