Featured Post

Encouraging Words

To me, it's amazing when my 5-year-old comes home talking about the history behind MLK day. When I was in Kindergarten, we learned ou...

Friday, June 16, 2017

A State of Mind


I was raised running around barefoot on an island, where we only wore shoes when we had to.  When I absolutely was forced to wear shoes - I slipped my toes into my favorite slippah's.

Then, I moved to Oklahoma and as far as the eye could see - people wore boots.  Although I think cowboy boots are great, it just wasn't what I had grown up in.  So in the dead of winter - I was still rocking my flip flops whenever I could.

Now 27 years later - they're everywhere!  And, it makes my heart happy to see how many jet around in those small shoes that are so freeing.  They not only allow our feet to breath during a hot summer but they instill a vacation mindset.  I think everyone has an extra pep in their step when the slip on theirs.  Nowadays, they come in all shapes and sizes.  Some are blinged out. Some are furry or fluffy.  And some are cushioned and comfy.

While here I am - still rocking my island girl style with the basic plastic slippah's ... or to most everyone else - flip flops.

So HAPPY NATIONAL FLIP FLOP DAY to all of you, who embrace this amazing lifestyle.  Becuase they're not just shoes - they're a state of mind.  The only bad part about them is that they make me miss the beach!  
Post a Comment