Looking Past All the Political Madness



So I've been avoiding the news and all social media for a while.  There's just too much hate seething from every aspect, every post, and everyone.  Friends are un-friending friends because their political views or comments don't line up.  Riots are sparked and the news does nothing but fuel their fire.

I may not have liked either candidate but the election is over.  Neither side played fair with their political rhetoric, campaigning, or words.  So guess what?  I'm going to live with the choice that America has chosen.  I was raised to respect the office whether I was fond of the candidate or not.

No matter who I voted for - I look forward to getting past this year's drama.  Since I'm a praying woman, I'm going to pray for our President and give him a chance.  I'm going to hope for a real change this time.

Now, do I think one person can turn things around?  No, absolutely not.  The nation has never hung in the balance over one person's decisions.  But President-elect Trump's choices for his cabinet members and the balance of power we'll have in Congress could make a difference.  No one knows yet.

Instead of claiming gloom and doom, like a lot of others ... pray.  Pray for our leaders, our country, and our fellow Americans.  Pray that the hate and the anger dissipates.  Pray that those leaders, who have the ability to make our lives better or worse, have wisdom and grace.  Pray that our healthcare system gets straightened out.  Pray for international relations as our new President navigates through new territory.  Pray for the protection of our economy and our people.

May we look to our true King and Savior to bless our prayers and our country.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Bathroom Etiquette

Never know what you're gonna get...