iFly is In'freakin-credible

Throughout my life and travels, I've had some really neat things that I've been able to participate in or accomplish.  Not to list them out or name any names, as this is not a brag-book - but to say that I had the most fun in my entire life this weekend is truly special.

Since we've not had a summer vacation for our family in a while, we planned a quick four-day get-a-way this past weekend.  We wanted somewhere close but far enough away from Oklahoma City, that we felt like we were going 'somewhere'.  We'd already done Dallas, Ft. Worth, Kansas City, Branson, but weren't ready to go as far as Missouri, Arkansas, or Tennessee.  So we figured Texas, as large as it is, would have a fun suburb that could hold some potential fun for our family - hence... Frisco, Texas, where we found iFly.

iFly has been around for a while but is just now making it's way to Oklahoma City.  Since we knew of it's pending arrival, we thought it would be fun to try it out for a little 'pre-flight' check.


Once we went through our training, with our trainer, Dominic, he walked us through the basics and gave us our flight suits, earplugs, goggles, and helmets.


My only reservation was that my son may have issues with the air pressure, as he has had some severe allergies, which sometimes includes allergy-induced asthma.




Dominic not only addressed it, but he took extra special care of my kid to the point of when it was time for my kid to take his second turn - which meant flying high into the tube (up to 40 feet above us) - he checked to make sure my Lil' T was comfortable.


When Lil' T said he didn't want to go that high, Dominic reinforced his decision and make him feel confident that he was good to go with staying near the bottom.  

T soared higher with more confidence and had a more enjoyable experience than if forced to go higher.  I was so impressed and thankful that such a young man would be so good with my kid.


But warm motherhood feelings aside - this was fabu-fantastic-over the top fun.  The air pressure was exhilarating as it pushed me up higher and higher, and the trainers took the liberty to teach us different hand movements that allowed us to spin or shift in the air.  


I was so enthralled with spinning that I angled my hands more than he expected and spun a ton faster than he planned.  He had to stop me, as in my head I was like a little girl in her first spinning chair, yelling, 'Weeeeeeee!'


On my second turn, we went up to the top, which I would guess was close to 40 to 45 feet up in the tube (pictured above).  The air pressure was so hard (in order to raise us up) that I could feel it push against my lungs as it entered my nose.  As I was up there, I was thankful that my kid chose to stay closer to the ground.

This was by far the most fun and I for one will be first in line for the Oklahoma City location.  They have packages for people, who want to learn tricks and more in-depth air skills, which I think I'm going to invest in.  I loved this so much, I'm thinking that a new love story surrounding a trainer and his student may need to come into play.


If you have ever thought about sky diving but were too afraid, (you won't catch me jumping from a plane ... ever) iFlying is the next best thing.  It's my new most favorite thing to do!  Try it out ...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Bathroom Etiquette

Never know what you're gonna get...