Finding Kylie - The Script

After Finding Kylie was published, a film producer from London reached out to me asking to be a part of the script, insisting that it would be perfect for the screen.  He also warned it was a TON of hard work invested with a LONG turn around as the film industry can take years.
I thought, 'Okay a couple years. I can handle that.' However, here we are about eight years later and a major door finally opened.  For the last four years, we've been trying to get a hard read set up.  For those of you who have no idea what a hard read is, I'll explain. 

It's basically doing a dry run or a read with real actors, to make sure it is what we think it is 'off the paper'. We've written the script, and in our heads (in 2D) it's perfect - but when acted out or read aloud in 3D - it may not sync. 

This just helps me and John, who is the film producer and my writing partner for the script, see it in person to finesse it so that we can hit the film market with a finished product. It also gives us a video or visual to show bits of it to investors. 

So, today I just got really good news, that makes me feel a little giddy ...

Our hard read, for Finding Kylie, is scheduled with a high profile drama department, and they're fitting our project in their tight schedule next year. This is a team that has turned down some major names in the film industry in years past because they weren't able to accommodate them in their schedule. However, they were impressed with us enough to fit us in. 

This week, I'll have a date set for a week's length dress rehearsal and final night for the read.  

Stay tuned.  I'll have more updates as we progress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise