Featured Post

Encouraging Words

To me, it's amazing when my 5-year-old comes home talking about the history behind MLK day. When I was in Kindergarten, we learned ou...

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Best Husband EVER ...

So on the 6th, I joined the club.  I turned the big 4-0h.  For the weeks leading up to it, I was a bit apprehensive.  I wouldn't say I was depressed, but I was definitely dreading the big day.

Usually having a birthday around July 4th, my day has days of celebration.  From fireworks on the 4th, to multiple family functions.  So I usually get a weekend of fun.  I love love love my birthday.

I wasn't love love loving the idea of turning 40.  So my husband decided to throw me a big party, to ring in the new year in my  life.  And did he throw a party ...

I invited a lot of people, as usually most are out of town. I never thought 1/2 of them would attend.  All in all we had about 25 in attendance for a large dinner, at one of my favorite Japanese restaurants.  From there my husband rented a large party bus to pick us up and take us out on the town.

40 was my favorite birthday ever.  Not only did he plan a large celebration, but he surprised me with a road trip to Texas for the weekend for mani-pedi's with my sis and a great friend.  I am super blessed with a great guy, who takes care of the little things on an ordinary day ... and surprises me with big moments when needed.

Love my man.  Love being 40.  Love my friends and family.  ... blessed girl

Here's a crazy pic from that night, taken of 2 of my best friends from college.  It was the first time we'd been together since 1995.  Love those girls.


Post a Comment