Best Husband EVER ...

So on the sixth of July, I joined the club.  I turned the big 4-0h.  For the weeks leading up to it, I was a bit apprehensive. I wouldn't say I was depressed, but I was definitely dreading the big day.

Usually having a birthday around July 4th, my day has days of celebration. From fireworks on the 4th to multiple family functions.  It's usually a weekend of fun.  I love love love my birthday.

I wasn't love, love, loving the idea of turning forty.  So my husband decided to throw me a big party, to ring in the new year in my life.  And did he throw a party ...

I invited a lot of people. Usually, most are out of town. I never thought half of them would attend. All in all, we had about twenty-five in attendance for a large dinner at one of my favorite Japanese restaurants.  From there my husband rented a large party bus to pick us up and take us out on the town.

Forty was my favorite birthday ever.  Not only did he plan a large celebration, but he surprised me with a road trip to Texas for the weekend for mani-pedis with my sis and a great friend.  I am super blessed with a great guy, who takes care of the little things on an ordinary day... and surprises me with big moments when needed.

Love my man.  Love being Forty.  Love my friends and family.  💖

Here's a crazy pic from that night, taken of two of my best friends from college.  It was the first time we'd been together since 1995.  Love those girls.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise