I Survived!!

After mass chaos & sugar-crazed maniacs ransacked my home, I'm happy to report all are alive and well.

My husband and I survived our son's first sleepover, after a huge party. Fifteen to twenty hyper 9-year-olds were running in, out, and around my home for two hours. Afterward, I was crazy enough to invite three to stay over.

I finally fell asleep at 3:00 am and was promptly awake at 6:45 am, when I heard laughter and giggles coming from the main living area. I thought, "Didn't I just get them to stop that and get to sleep?"

Apparently not.

It was an eternity for parent pick up time at 10:00 am, but it's something I'd be willing to invest my time in again if for the mere fact that my son had his best birthday party yet.

So here I am - with droopy eyelids, craving birthday cake to stay awake, and a silly smile on my face.

Not only did my husband and I survive, but we gave him a really great gift. We gave him the gift of time to be with his best buds and be a kid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise