Giant Florist Strikes OUT






Imagine my surprise when I called 1-800 flowers today and not only did they not have ANYTHING to cater to sports fans, but the operator I was connected to had no clue what I was talking about.

I asked him if he had anything to celebrate the Giants winning the World Series.   His response?

"Um, we have nothing to do with giants, ma'am.  I can't help you."

"No, not Giants.  The San Francisco Giants.  You know?  Do you know who won the world series last night?"

"Um.  Sorry we can't help you."

I was in shock that a salesperson for a major organization didn't at least say, "Hey I don't follow sports, so I'm sorry I really don't know what you're talking about."  Or, "Our company doesn't have anything for any major sports occasion..."

On top of that, I was surprised he didn't start asking questions to dig deeper, because maybe if he'd asked what the teams colors were and realized that it was a baseball team I was talking about he could have tried to get someone to design something manageable like a baseball coffee cup with orange and black flowers. Come 'on.

That is the first and last time I will call 1800 flowers again.

On a happy note, I'm thrilled for my husband.  As a child, he was taken to the stick for Giants games since he was old enough to hold a baseball.  His dad and grandad, both passed now, were huge - ginormous Giants fans.  Both celebrated this past-time with my husband to the point of eating, sleeping, and dreaming Giants baseball.

So today, I made my husband my own floral bouquet and emailed it to him.  It's the pic seen above.  It came with my own special message and it won't die in three days.  It's something I made and it's free.  You can't top that.

💪  GO, GIANTS!  We're so proud of you even if most florists don't have a clue what a huge market base that sports fans are!!!

Comments

Rebecca said…
It will always be the 'stick to me. They definitely missed a sale there.
yvette said…
I think the florist company is outsourced in another country! Just goes to show you how creative you are!

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise