Giant Florist Strikes OUT






Imagine my surprise when I called 1-800 flowers today and not only did they not have ANYTHING to cater to sports fans, but the operator I was connected to had no clue what I was talking about.

I asked him if he had anything to celebrate the Giants winning the World Series.   His response?

"Um we have nothing to do with Giants ma'am.  I can't help you."

"No, not Giants.  The San Francisco Giants.  You know?  Do you know who won the world series last night?"

"Um.  Sorry we can't help you."

I was in shock that a sales person for a major organization didn't at least say, "Hey I don't follow sports, so I'm sorry I really don't know what you're talking about."  Or, "Our company doesn't have anything for any major sports occasion..."

On top of that I was surprised he didn't start asking questions to dig deeper, because maybe if he'd asked what the teams colors were and realized that it was a baseball team I was talking about he could have tried to get someone to design something manageable like a baseball coffee cup with orange and black flowers.  Come 'on.  That is the first and last time I will call 1800 flowers again.

On a happy note, I'm thrilled for my husband.  As a child he was taken to the stick for Giants games since he was old enough to hold a baseball.  His dad and grandad, both passed now, were huge gi-normous Giants fans.  Both celebrated this past-time with my husband to the point of  eating, sleeping, and dreaming Giants baseball.

So today, I made my husband my own floral bouquet and emailed it to him.  It's the pic seen above.  It came with my own special message and it won't die in 3 days.  It's something I made and it's free.  You can't top that.

:)  GO GIANTS!  We're so proud of you even if most florists don't have a clue what a huge market base that sports fans are!!!
2 comments

Popular Posts