checkin you out...

So when did it happen? When did my son turn into a teenager at the tender age of 6? ... well he's almost 7.

Day before yesterday we went to see the SQUEAKQUEL with Alvin and the Chipmunks. It was hilarious to see my son laugh and blurt out kid commentary throughout the film. I love watching him giggle at something. His face lights up.

However his face lit up for an entirely different reason earlier that day, and I almost lost it. I tried not to giggle, but he was too cute.

We were waiting for our friends to join us at the theater, when a young blonde 7ish little girl walked by. I noticed her doing a double take at my son, and giving him a shy sideways look.

I looked down to him and said, 'Dude she was totally checking you out!'
He said, 'And I was cheeeckin her out mom!'

He was grinning wide.

I asked him what that meant and his response?

'It's when you're seeing if you'd make a good couple with someone'

He was so excited that he thought she was cute and she obviously was in like as well. OH. MY. GOSH.

First - I started it. I started the whole idea.
Second - OH - MY - GOSH!
Third - HOLY CRAP - my son's checking a girl out. Stop that!

Sigh ... I'm going to have to keep those girls at bay and he's only 6. Why don't people tell us moms these things before we have kids? Where's the users manual on that one??
3 comments

Popular Posts