My DH

After nine years of marriage, one wonders where the time goes and how fast it will fly into the future. You also wonder if there will be any other dimension added to your relationship with your spouse.

At this stage, most women I know either really complain about their other half - as they're not in a happy marriage. Or they still have that glow about them when they talk about their DH.

I would have to say that we're not your typical couple and that's a good thing in many ways. Our schedules keep us coming and going so much that we don't get a lot of quality time together, but we still strive for our couple-time whereas most just don't care anymore.

For me, I don't want to get lazy in my relationship. I want to make sure my husband knows how much I appreciate him and love him, by telling him every day how much I love him. BUT I don't think that's enough. It's easy to say those words to pacify one's partner. The hard part is to put forth the effort to demonstrate how much the relationship means to you.

I think monthly date nights are a must! Especially after bringing kids into the equation, because we all know that once we become parents - it's all about our child's needs. Maintaining that one on one connection with our spouse is so vital, and I'm guilty of not making that a priority as much as I should.

Striving for quality time is good, but actually making it happen is another. So on our nine year anniversary, we made a pact to make it out at least once a month for a dinner date. We really tried in August to make our monthly date night but didn't succeed.

So tonight, we're out on the town - dinner and movie for momma! I'm a happy girl. Not only because I'm out with the man I love but because he's dating me again.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hee Hee. Maybe I need to start taking my bride on more "dates".
Rondell said…
I think it's important for women to maintain themselves properly in order to keep they man. So many of htese young girls these days lookin like they don't bath and that just not right. Ain't no man want to be around a stanky women. Just like that Britney Spearses. She was looking dirty as could be there for a while and that K-Fed up and left her. Mmph!

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise