A Neverending Song - Mow the Lawn

So my husband, who's in the broadcast industry, always in on the lookout for funny commercials. He's got the silliest sense of humor, which sometimes cracks me up and other times - just has me rolling my eyes.

A couple days ago he came home, popped open his lap top, and giggled while typing in the youtube website address.  
"Kim, come here you've got to see this."

I sigh, knowing it's a gamble on wether it's worth it to pop over to view his latest find.
Here's what he found:

I admit it was kind of funny the first time I saw it.  It took me a couple of seconds to catch on, but then he started on in his usual methodic mode by playing it again and again.  And because he was shaking hard and laughing loud, my son had to come see what all the commotion was about.

This is something that will go right over my son's head so I wasn't too worried.   Except now all I hear is this stupid 'mow the lawn' song around my house.  First because once my husband get's something 'he thinks' is funny in his head, he doesn't let it go until the horse is dead - and buried and then killed again.  And then my son will mimic his daddy, who he idolizes in every way.

We were driving home today, after a day of peace with no jingles interrupting our Easter when I hear this sweet little voice from the back seat.

"Hey mommy, you know what you need to do today?"

"What sweetie?"

You guessed it....the singing began, "Mow the lawn...mow the lawn.  Trim it cut it!"

My husband was laughing so hard he almost wrecked the car.  I am so ready for this commercial to fade away because now I have a feeling my son will be teaching his friends this song at school.  And if any of their parents are at all like my hubby, they'll be calling me to see what I'm teaching my child.  


Comments

OMG...I'm wiping the tears from my eyes right now! Everyone is sleeping, so it was difficult to keep from laughing hysterically...and I just kept thinking about your son singing it at school.... Thanks for the laugh! :) Happy Easter!
WeaselMomma said…
The commercial made me chuckle, but your son made me howl!
Kimberly McKay said…
I'm loving that I made your day ladies!! :)
Rebecca said…
LOL that's funny, I'd hate to get that phone call asking just what exactly my son was talking about but still...funny!!
terri said…
That is hysterical! Took me a while to catch on too.

The girl holding the cat near the end was too much!
Annette Piper said…
Oh dear. The male sense of humour is the same the world over!
Kimberly McKay said…
Yes Annette...it's all the same isn't it...LOL. He's still singing this darned song, so I have a feeling I may be getting a phone call before schools out! One month to hold my breath! :)

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise