His first crush

My son never has a problem finding a pretty girl. They chase him and he loves it. He's five and such a little ladies man.

Today, was his first day of Kindergarten. I'm really proud of myself for not bawling my eyes out, like some moms were. My little guy is so confident and ready to start school. It made it easier for me.

This afternoon when I picked him up, I asked the usual questions to inquire about his day. Open-ended questions that led to conversation instead of yes or no questions.

Me: "What did you do on the playground today?"

Little T: "Chased girls..." (with a smile) "I looooove to chase girls!"

Me: "Any in particular? How about the girl who sits next to you? Ashlee?"

Little T: "Ooooo. She's so pretty mom. I don't want to come home. I just wanna be with her right now!"

Me: (eyebrows up) "Really?"

Little T: "Oh yeah, I can't wait to go back tomorrow to see her. She's just so pretty, Mom."
And he continued, "And she grabbed me when we left to hold on to me. She grabbed my arm, and my backpack and my legs!"

Me: (thinking they all had to hold hands on the way out to the pick-up line)
"So, did everyone hold hands to walk out to carpool?"

Little T: "Oh no. She just grabbed me and it was so much it gave me an owie! She hurt me! But she's so pretty."

Oh man...I'm already in the midst of puppy love at five years old. What's it gonna be like when he's seventeeen?

"Mom, she hurt me...but it's okay cuz she's sooooo pretty?"

Am I in trouble or what?

Comments

Anonymous said…
aw. My son was like that at age 5. By the time he was 8 girls were full of cooties...and now that he's 12, he's back to chasing girls!
Rebecca said…
Oh that's cute. I'm sure it is just the beginning but you've got that "girls have cooties" phase to get through first. ;)
Anonymous said…
You are in trouble. You've got a 5 year old ladykiller on your hands! LOL! What a sweetie.
Kimberly McKay said…
Oh yeah, it gets better. Today when I walked him in....he wouldn't look at her. She smiled at him and HE IGNORED HER! What do men pull boys aside and say, "Ignore the girls and they'll like you more?" It was so funny to see her try to get his attention, and him pretend not to notice. He noticed though...he was sly!

Ah!
Anonymous said…
lol! :) What IS it with little boys and girls chasing each other when they like each other. It's the same here at our school.

It's jut adorable how he keeps on saying she is so pretty :)
Rebecca said…
LOL, that's great! There was one kid in my 2nd grade class that called me shrimp & threw a pencil at me once. My mom told me that he liked me & I thought "well that's a funny way of showing it". Boys will be boys I suppose!

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Bathroom Etiquette

Facing Redemption