Wednesday Words



So I've been in Hawaii since Friday. We spent Fri-Monday on Oahu with my family and had pot luck dinner Hawaiian style the first night. Thirty-plus family and friends came and it was so sweet. My Anti Aimie made special food for my husband since he has severe food allergies.

My son got to see all my favorite places that I would frequent when I was his age. It was so cool to see this whole new world through his eyes.

Since Monday, we've been chillin' in a multi-millionaire home that my brother-in-law booked for the week. We all are chipping in to stay here, and it's still less per night than most hotels. So it's like we have our own private resort, with a luxury that we could never afford.

Scott and Mindy get married tomorrow, which is the main reason we made this trip. I can't wait to see them take their vows on the beach in front of a small select group. I'm so happy for the two of them and can't wait to see them stand up tomorrow. My son will be the ring bearer too.

By the way, my son walked in on me today as I was changing into my swimsuit. We've not run around naked in front of him since he was a baby, so he's not seen me that way. His eyes got big and he said, "Mommy, your puffers are biiig!" He looked down at his own chest/nipples and went on to say, "Mine aren't big yet."

I tried not to laugh...but had to tell him that his chest would be like daddy's....not mommy's. Not sure where the term puffers came from but it cracks me up.


Comments

wfbdoglover said…
LOL - kids are precious... I was just teasing my son last week 'cause when he was about 3 he called them moles. Mommy, I saw your moles (it was by accident) anywho, if I had laundry out, he called the bra mole covers. Needless to say, I was extremely careful after that.

Sound like you are having an amazing time!

oh, just make sure you check out my blog. My 2nd post on my page, is a contest. I am holding it until the 29th 'cause I knew you were gone!
wfbdoglover said…
Hey, there are two dots on your map from Hawaii!! :)
I don't know anybody who calls them puffers actually. looks like you guys had a great time in hawaii!
Char said…
Out of the mouths of babes, as they say!
Kimberly McKay said…
I'm still here until the 29th....post more then.
Unknown said…
Puffers.. I'll have to try that one out on my bride. LOL!!
WeaselMomma said…
That looks and sounds fabulous! I wish I were there too. 'Puffers' is excellent! Thanks for the laugh. I also hope the job thing is going better.
It looks like you are having a great time - I'll just stay out of the "puffer" conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise