New Doo

So I got a new doo. I usually don't tell my husband when I get my hair cut so I'll get an honest opinion when he walks through the door. Thankfully for me, I've had an awesome stylist, Rachel, for three years now. I'd drive to Texas if I needed to in order to keep her.

 Rachel is the only person in ten years that's been able to style my hair well enough that I didn't feel like my hair was ever at that in-between length as I grew it out. This is the first time I've had long hair since I've known my husband. You can see the pic in the post below, with Rick Springfield, to see how short my hairs been in the last decade.



When he walked in the door today, his eyes lit up.
"You got your hair cut!"
"Yes..."
"It looks...like a '60s or '70s cut."
"So you're saying?" (What does that mean?)
"It's cute. It looks like ... uh..."
"Choose carefully!" I warned.

I could see the wheels turning in hopes of coming up with a name. All I could think of was if he said Cher, I was going to hit him. He left to the garage to get the rest of his work stuff and threw back at me, "Jennifer Aniston!"

Yeah right! Jennifer Aniston with the Rachel cut, I'm not. But I did have the Monica right out of college.

I know her Friend's hair is about ten years old, but I still dig the Rachel. I bet if I grew my bangs out and didn't use my flat iron...I'd have a little Rachel going on.

And to give you guys some news on my hubby, from those that have been checking in with me after his ER scare this weekend. He's all better - thank the Lord.

 It took a few days to get back to normal, but now he's the same smart ass I know and love, which is a good sign.

I'm still on the dress hunt for the upcoming wedding in less than a month. My son and I went to Target yesterday just to see if they had any bargain specials. He's such a little shopper. He picked out about eight things he thought would look pretty on me, and the funny thing is...they were all something I'd pick for me.

 My husband is the same way. He always can pick something out that he'd like for me...and it's usually right on the money. Man am I a blessed girl or what? I've got two attentive guys in my house who want me to pick out nice things for me!

Actually, the white top I have on in the pic at the top of the page is one my son picked out at Target yesterday. It's my new favorite shirt!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I LOVE your new do! It looks SO good on you!
Rebecca said…
I LOVE your hair - it looks fantastic! So glad you have a gal that you love. Cute new top & I hope you find a dress soon and even better one for a great deal! I'm glad you have your smart ass back!
wfbdoglover said…
I want Rachel to cut my hair! Just beautiful!! Lucky you!!
Stacy said…
I wish my hair would do that! I like it.
Milk Mama said…
Very Chic! I need a new 'do, too... it's definitely time for something new! You look fantastic!
Kimberly McKay said…
Thanks...now if only I can get it to look like that on my own! ;)
Anonymous said…
It looks awesome! You look very hip with it. Love it
Anonymous said…
OMFG! That is awesome. you look terrific! Love the cut, LOVE the color. It really works for you!

xxoo
It looks great!
Anonymous said…
I love your new 'do!
wfbdoglover said…
Hey beautiful! I tagged you!

http://wfbdoglover.blogspot.com/2008/06/ok-i-copied.html
Kimberly McKay said…
I'm going to visit your page tonight.

Yesterday I went back to Rachel and got highlights added for the summer! Yay!
Birdie said…
total & complete hotness

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise