Calling for a Vote










So it just dawned on me over the weekend that I need to buy a dress for my brother in law's upcoming wedding. It's going to be on the beach, in Maui, and I have NOTHING to wear. Isn't every husband or boyfriend in America rolling their eyes right now?? :)

Seriously, I haven't worn a dress in 3 years. Since my son was born and started running everywhere he went, it's just easier to wear jeans or capris. I've not even donned a pair of shorts, except for in the pool.

After my son was born, I lost a lot of weight due to breastfeeding and how that affects a woman's metabolism. I didn't pack it on after I popped him off his feeding either. I went from a size 4 to a 6-8. Not bad, BUT being an 8 didn't allow me to fit into any of my shorts or previous skirts/dresses. This is another reason I just stopped wearing them. I didn't want to invest in buying a whole new wardrobe because of 2 dress sizes.

Now that I'm back down to a 4-6, I want to wear something feminine and nice. Only all the stuff I had before still doesn't fit because of how a woman's body SHIFTS after being pregnant. My mommy muffin top, my slightly thicker thighs, the junk in the trunk...all things I never had before. And somehow a roll of puffy skin has developed over my knee caps...not good for dresses.

Well...I've joined the gym to firm up so hopefully, my legs will tone up enough by mid-July. Now it's time to pick a dress!! I've found two online that I adore...both my style depending on my mood. However one is uber expensive so I'm leaning against the blue for that reason.

What do you all think? How should I look for this amazing wedding I'm going to? And if you find another dress online...forward the link to me!

VOTE---black and white or blue and cools.

Comments

wfbdoglover said…
Personally, almost everything I own is black, although I have a bit of chocolate, browns and bright pink or lime green items of clothing.

I would say the Black and White outfit, because you can wear it again. The blue outfit is lovely, but would you wear it again? I think it is great for a wedding in Hawaii! BUT, I'm to cheap. I wouldn't buy a dress that I couldn't wear to another event.
Anonymous said…
I think the blue is cuter and more fitting for the occasion. But, the black/white is also suitable if you are wanting to save money. Having been to beach weddings myself, it seems to me that the blue dress is the right level of "studied casual", while the black is just basically an occasion of "wearing a sleeveless dress on the beach"...jmho.
Anonymous said…
I'm partial to the blue one. How often are you going to get to attend a wedding in Hawaii? I'd be tempted to splurge for a special occasion. But if you decide on black & white, that one will look great on you too.
Rebecca said…
They are both very pretty. My eyes jumped to the b&w and I had the same thought as wfbdoglover - more versatile. I would go with the one that you like most though. And don't look at the price tag {unless you absolutely have to}, if you haven't bought a new dress in 3 years - splurge a little on yourself. Or get the b&w, new pair of shoes and another cute new outfit just because. ;)
ConverseMomma said…
I think both dresses are nice. And what is nicer, knowing I'm not the only one who got the knee fat after pregnancy. What's up with that? Thanks for stopping by my bloggy blog. I've been a lazy blogger, but when I'm back on my blogging game, I'll stop by here again. Promise!
The H Family said…
I am also partial to the blue. I'll bet we can find one simular somewhere that is less expensive. BTW, I've joined the blogging world!!! Yeaaa!
I LOVE the black & white! they are both beautful - but papa likes the black & white.

By the way - go back to my post on "Come and pray with us"1 i giggled at your comment about praying for the man who lost his wife! :o) You will understand!
Kimberly McKay said…
I love both too, but the blue beckons! I need to find something similar to it somewhere that's less expensive. :>

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise