Official start of MY Spring

Today is the day. My son gets to meet his Soccer coach and his T-ball coach this morning! It doesn't quite feel like Spring until he's in his soccer jersey running the field, well that and the frigid weather makes it not so springy. Is that a word?

I think it's going to be better for me than him. Being cooped over the winter was harder than usual this year because he's gained another year and not as easily entertained.

I can't just put a toy in front of him and expect him to marvel like he did when he was tiny. Now it's whining, "I want to doooo something" or "When can we go outside?"

When that doesn't produce anything fun, it becomes silly name-calling or crying fits out of boredom to push my buttons.

What he doesn't realize is that the silly name-calling gets to be worse.

"Hey, Mrs. Jiggly Pens...whatcha doing?" What the?
A) What kind of name is that? and
B)'NO woman wants to be called Jiggly anything!

So, today I wake up in peace, yawn, and feel that Spring has sprung. I get to watch my son run and play two days a week, while I sit and admire.

HALLELUJAH!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh its spring indeed. This was the first day I sat outside and had any fresh air.

Better to teach your son now when and how to use the term Jiggly.

ha ha ha ha ha ha
Love that boy to death - and enjoy the spring.

You have a "jiggly" sense of humor!!!
Kimberly McKay said…
Jiggly is fun unless it's a comment made about your body...thanks Papa for the compliment on my humor...I think!

MRebeccah...I'm glad you got some quality outside time. It was so frigidly cold here today until about 11 a.m. and then it was mildly warm. Yah for spring!
Karen MEG said…
Jiggly PENs?! That's funny .. it's so strange that somehow it works!
I'm glad spring is here too!
Joeprah said…
Gettin' Jiggly with it! Yay Spring! Have a good Sunday!
wfbdoglover said…
When my son was in 2nd grade, we made up index cards. We put 10 things each on the cards, that we liked to do together. Each day we would pick a card and do that activity. If we pulled a baking card, and didn't have that much time - we would make a box of brownies, if it was so go have dinner with dad or visit dad and that didn't work for dad - we would table it for the next day. If it was drawing cards and I hated it, well I did it - and knew it wouldn't come up in the rotation for another 20 days.

Doing the activity together gave one on one attention to my son - even if it was only a 20 minute activity and he was happy!


Either way, Happy Spring!
Kimberly McKay said…
Somehow it does work, you're right...it works by making me laugh every time he calls me that...than he gets that he made me laugh...then he says it over and over and over...and then I don't think it's funny anymore!

Yay Spring!

I'm going to get those index cards made up....great idea!!!!
Anonymous said…
I can't tell you how HAPPY I was to get out of the house this weekend and be outside with the boys.. I say yippee to spring!! weeee!!
Anonymous said…
Spring is AWESOME except for those darned allergies.
I wish spring would actually show up here in WI. We are in what I like to call "Spring In Theory," and it kinda SUCKS!
BusyDad said…
Hmm for some reason I feel like having some Jell-o. And write about it. Happy springy!
Rebecca said…
How exciting for both of you! And I must say "Jiggly Pens" is better than "Jiggly Pants". ;)
Kimberly McKay said…
Your comments made my smile. Thanks for that...today I needed it!

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Redemption

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Never know what you're gonna get...